North Canada Pike Spoon Recommendations

Heading to Saskatchewan in late May for a Spring bear hunt, the guide there says spoons work well for northerns there.  Has anyone been fishing that area or in Northern Canada and have any recommendations on spoons to use?  Spoon make, size and color recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks 

My favs are Williams Wabler #70 size, Mepps Syclops, and Pelican casting spoons. Color depends on the area, but you can’t go wrong with a mix of natural colors and obnoxious colors. Pelican is a Canadian company and they have a guy that prints realistic graphics on the spoons. I have a friend that uses their 12” spoons for monster pike here near western Ontario. I’m surprised I never see their spoons in sport shops or larger retail stores. They work. Green Pike and Cisco are my 2 go-to colors. The 12” spoons are around $35 each.

http://www.pelicanluretackle.com/pelicancasting

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You also don’t want to be without a bunch of Johnson silver & gold minnow spoons and white Mr. Twister tails in 3” or longer they create a viscous reaction bite on those tough days. A lot of times my uncle could pull them to the edge of the weeds then they would hold up then I would throw a #4 meps spinner in front of the fish and game on. Been fishing northern most parts of Quebec for years. Would love to fish  Saskatchewan before my times up. LOL.