Boat to truck swap 454 (7.4)

FishingTheFL

An alternative solution would be selling the boat engine and buying a decent truck engine. That is probably a better and cheaper solution

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I don't actually have a boat motor yet. Figure might be able to find a boat with fiber glass issues if it would change over. I haven't been able to come up with another used motor or I wouldn't explore this option. Looking for used while I rebuild the block that's in it now. I don't know what the old owner did... Had new pan on the bottom so obviously some lower end work that didn't last... Idk gotta tear it out either way. Just exploring my options.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My buddy took a 454 out of a older boat and put it in a short bed pickup and wins every 4x4 pull he goes to, all you need is the exhaust for the truck and make sure the heads are drilled to accept your front accessories alternator smog pump if used that’s the most you might run into. A lot of the times it’s just a matter of flipping the heads around, but older model like mine has the pump on it already. The only difference between a marine and a road use motor is definitely the marine motors were built with more hp and lot more torque after the exhaust and the oil pan are removed it’s pretty much the same shape and size, but don’t go the opposite way you will not be happy.

Are you looking for a block or a runnable engine? I just picked up 2 crusaders off craigslist for 400 bucks (rotating assembly, block, oil pan, heads, intake and valve covers) to rebuild for my 10 meter. I tore them down to take to the machine shop and one was already rebuilt. There's a lot of them around the state on CL right now.