Hardwater report !!

longspurs

No matter how long you have been at it or how much knowledge you have it can happen in a second to anyone who happens to be at the wrong place at the wrongs time. It is most often a function of questionable conditions and judgment. No place to take chances.

Hit conesus today ice was 7 in . Shore ice was not good at ATV access had to go up the shore 40 yards from that spot to get on . I got off when the rain started. be careful if you head out after this rain. Not sure how bad it's going to get beat up . 1 flag ran 3 times and on his 3rd run swung and missed .

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Limited out on fish or beers lol? Details, man! Enquiring minds want to know...

My report (short): Sodus, metal and plastic, a couple dozen good perch, but nothing over 12". Lots of ice (10" most holes) with wheelers all over the place. Parking is a zoo.

Edited by Gator

My report (short): Sodus, metal and plastic, a couple dozen good perch, but nothing over 12". Lots of ice (10" most holes) with wheelers all over the place. Parking is a zoo.
2x that !!!!! Headed back there now. Lol

10 hours ago, Gator said:

Limited out on Perch, I drink at home and you gotta know where to park there, Seen 2 spots that only had one truck in them.  Stay away from the crowds,  You'll catch more fish.  I picked up some slobs beer cans off the ice on the way back in.  They're gonna ruin it for everyone else.

Longspurs, Glad you found them. I made the mistake of going to Gator and Silver fox's secret Sodus spot that only God and the seagulls know. Apparently the seagulls got there before me. Got a few quick fish and then they vanished. We chased around a bit but never found anything more than dinks. One thing to note is that the ice varied a bit depending on where you were. I found only 6" out in 36' in a direct line with the channel. Further south into the bay and closer to shore were much better.

See, that's your problem. Well...one of your problems lol. You used bait. Anything tipped with bait caught small fish for us. Plastics caught big fish. Spoons caught big fish. But even perch eyes had the little ones chomping. And of course our spot was in the middle of nowhere. We don't chase crowds. We find fish. :rofl:

As for slobs on the ice: I know! We pick crap up all the time. I've become allergic to beer over the past two years and don't drink on the ice anyway...at least nothing more than coffee with a little "heavy cream" sometimes...but from the number of beer cans out there you could set up a tap and make some serious bank.

Yeah buddy !!! Walked out a mile to the spot again after a hour the snow started, so I headed back in where my buddy was fishing. Man he was on them !!! Spoon with 3 eyeballs for me , my buddy had 5mm fiska with plastic. He took home 39 I took home 49. IMG_20190212_135126.jpegIMG_20190212_141303.jpeg

• Like 1

Okay !!! Measured what I could till hands got to cold . Looks like all fish are 10 to 11 1/2 , I do have some 9s that got gilled by the trebles not going to throw them on the ice or float in the hole so had to take them they eat good to.
Never said Kings but I will say solid fish tho!!IMG_20190212_191152.jpegIMG_20190212_191424.jpeg

• Like 1