Hardwater report !!

longspurs

Wow sounds like fun!! Better than me just grabbed the vex turned it on and no go . Only runs when it's on the charger. Battery is good . All my connections I cleaned and rewired if needed and still no go. I'm just going to go buy a new one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Battery might put out voltage and still be bad how did you test it? The fact it works when plugged in means the vex is likely fine and the power source is your issue new battery is much cheaper lots of options out there. Hate to see a fellow ice guy get the short end. That said If you're set on a new vex I would be happy to take the old one and try to make it work my current version is almost as old as i am and has been through more abuse than I care to admit

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

For whatever reason Vex batteries seem to mess up if you charge them with a charger other than the one that came with the unit despite being the same voltage/amperage (unit has some sort of  memory?). I had a brand new back up battery that I charged up after purchase with another charger and I had the problem you are describing. The battery tested fully charged but wouldn't work in my FLX20

Edited by Sk8man

We'll i told the wife I need a new battery for the vex and took a ride to runnings. 22 dollars [emoji106]. Was looking at new 1s and broke out $450 . She said nice now I can have the old 1.... Yes u can cuz I can't stand when u use mine when we go . Lol worked out for the both of us !!!
IMG_20200122_203508.jpeg

• Like 1

[emoji23]
Hit Braddock's 2 for 3 . Lost a decent fish on the hook set , felt it pull out. What a nice day and finally on some ice !! Didn't measure the ice but i would say 4 to 5in by the docks. IMG_20200123_084337.thumb.jpeg.a1549ca8a5d801788a0f3668d9835f48.jpeg

Thanks for the call dick. I like to catch pike. Lol. Nice gator Kev!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You didnt waste anytime getting out ,guess the new battery is working in the vex.
Nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Didn't use the vex today but all day tomorrow for sure. Today I ran flags.

Got on honeoye south end , counted 70 plus people. 3in of ice . When I left I hit the ice with my Spud hard and thru like a hot knife , I did a couple steps and a lighter hit and it made it thru . I turned to the people by me and said u all saw that . Have a good day !!!
Not good at all for tomorrow don't chance it ! Look at the ice in the picture bubbles and 45 and sunny out not good , then rain coming .. Horrible. IMG_20200124_125917.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey longspurs I guess that was you I spoke with when the two of you guys walked off the ice. I didn't realize it was you at the time. I was the guy you said was sleeping while jigging:lol:  I guess it could have been from lack of action that is for sure.:lol: Nice going as it was not the best of days fishing wise for most folks there today.

:smile: It sure wasn't any noise you guys made that accounted for the results:lol:. I talked with an old timer after I got off the ice and he had a camera down the whole time and he said he never would have caught anything if not for the camera as the fish were coming up to the bait and just sitting there looking and opening their mouth and "testing" the bait without moving the rod tip etc. That accounts for all the "lookers" I had that stayed there for quite some time without me detecting a bite on the Vex. Even focusing on the line rather than the rod tip didn't give any clues to what they were doing. They always do something to keep you on your toes:lol: Regardless it was just good being out there rather than in the house wondering what was going on out there.

Good you guys got out at least. I opted to try to river, with zero luck. It looked perfect, and I had the west side to myself. For good reason, I guess. There'd been some action the day prior, but man, it was dead, dead, dead yesterday. And now we have this hot mess outside. What a winter.