Hardwater report !!

longspurs

Fished honeoye on Friday was slow for me just a hand full of jumbo gills. Ice was 3 1/2.

Fished Sunday at sodus was slow untill 1pm, then they started biting. Ice was 6in where I was.

Today I fished braddocks went 2 for 3 on flags , one 34in 9lbs , and a 19in . I didn't measure the ice but I would say 4 to 5in , I wouldn't be surprised if u can find a soft spot that sun was hot today.

Esoxac3 that's awesome [emoji106]!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fished Sodus Sunday the bite was up and down.Ice was 6" everywhere, Guys i spoke to said Saturday they were on fire.  We fished from bottom of the bay to the top. Same bite   SLOW . If you go there,  Be careful and go out at light, Open spots of water everywhere.

Edited by fish-on

2 for 2 on flags today at Braddock's, Horrible ice. If u are over 150 lbs don't go out. 1 hit with the Spud in most spots. 5 guys out past the docks open water not far from them . That's to far off shore for me to go in . IMG_20200204_075645.jpegIMG_20200204_090752.jpeg

• Like 1

The ice at braddocks yesterday was just about shot. The water was almost to the docks , snow on top of the ice is causing it to sink ,and shore ice is thin and wet. Now with more snow and wind who knows how it will hold up. Be safe.

The recent wet snow/rain/sleet combination may be affecting many places adversely with the weight combined with insulating the existing marginal ice condition (e.g. white ice on top of a couple inches of hard stuff.  Things can be precarious so be sure to spud your way out and error on the side of caution if you go. I'm holding off for now to see what  this weather does.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Wrapped up our annual ice fishing trip yesterday. It was a challenging year this year.... weather, ice conditions, accommodations, schedule issues, blizzards, illness......you name it.... we dealt with it. Seems like the fishing gods were against us from the start. Still, we persevered and enjoyed a wonderful time with family and friends! Even managed to chase down some fish. Spent most of our time fishing LOTI, Eel Bay, and Chaumont. Looking forward to next season already! Lake Ontario United mobile app

IMG_0371.HEICIMG_0369.HEICRenderedImage.thumb.jpg.862a8e6879ab11bf24eb97a29231fc54.jpg

IMG_0353.HEIC

IMG_0369.HEIC

• Like 3

drove down to look around at the ponds, long pond, cranbo, and Braddocks, people were out all over cranbo, did see some wet spots though, north east corner open water. parking lot full, long pond  about 5 cars, a group out about a quarter mile hugging the west side, no one close by shore  by edgemere, Braddocks  had the most people, surprisingly, quite a few fishing in the small cove, north of the last ramp.. so shallow in there, did see one nice pike caught,  no idea on ice conditions sorry,, reading reports above, friday ice did not sound good, I am going to wait myself,, no chances here, do not care if the water is 5 ft deep. 

The ice at braddocks passed the docks is frozen float ice/ frozen snow use extreme caution out there and the docks as usual. In front of the loop and a the launch 5in of ice .
What a day today !! Good pike action !! Buddy's son had a blast running around catching pike and it's nice to have a minnow man to much walk-in .IMG_20200209_111336.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 3:22 PM, EsoxAC3 said:

2 more people have gone in the drink at Long Point today. Think that makes 7 this season!!! The ice conditions and pressure crack can change rapidly at LP. Safe fishing to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

After the Hardware Store started advertising that area as a perch spot this year the droves of out of towners started launching from there. For years that spot hardly got any attention because first off, its very dangerous because of current and second, the fishing is not that good. Its a real swimming pool this year.  

• Like 1

After the Hardware Store started advertising that area as a perch spot this year the droves of out of towners started launching from there. For years that spot hardly got any attention because first off, its very dangerous because of current and second, the fishing is not that good. Its a real swimming pool this year.  

Couldn’t agree more.... i heard more folks went thru today!! The current rips right there.... really need to know the ice conditions and what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

fished oneida  couple days ago and we did 21 eyes and  15 perch!   ice was around 10 inches. I dont think we are going to make it to laker waters so going to keep chasing eyes around. We did sneak the center console out on the 11th in the lake and played with a bunch of browns biggest was  in the 12-13 range!   

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 6:51 PM, EsoxAC3 said:

Couldn’t agree more.... i heard more folks went thru today!! The current rips right there.... really need to know the ice conditions and what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

we did make it up there this year and that current is crazy for sure! sometimes it is hard to even mark your jig!   

fished oneida  couple days ago and we did 21 eyes and  15 perch!   ice was around 10 inches. I dont think we are going to make it to laker waters so going to keep chasing eyes around. We did sneak the center console out on the 11th in the lake and played with a bunch of browns biggest was  in the 12-13 range!   
That's awesome [emoji106] !! Going there Saturday or Sunday . Hopefully I have the luck u had.

Great catch as always Joe!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

We fished Conesus yesterday  and it was slow bunch oif gills no eyes BUT caught the biggest Rudd I have ever seen on a jig with waxworm:lol:

bigrudd.jpg