Hardwater report !!

longspurs

Fished honeoye this weekend saturday noon till dark and sunday 8am till noon. Saturday worked 8 to 12ft of water lots of action but mostly small fish till about 4:30 then it was game on. Took home 15 big gills. Did manage to catch a nice 2.5lb smallmouth also which i released.

Sunday was very slow only managed 1 keeper gill and 1 keeper perch but releases both. Caught a few other small fish. Worked 24ft of water for 2 hrs then went into the shallows. I should of stayed out deeper as a couple of my buddies had good catches out there of perch, crappies, and even a walleye. 0215201241_HDR.jpegIMG_20200216_060753_206.jpeg20200215_174402.jpegIMG_20200215_205535_833.jpegIMG_20200216_060753_223.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, camper4lyfe said:

Question for those of you that have fished tournaments; I see a lot saying “no frozen fish”. How the heck do you hero your fish from freezing??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Put them on a metal stringer down the hole or a jetsled full of water. 

• Like 1

We have seen lots of Rudd fishing Conesus the past two years, and particularly this year. It's somewhat concerning, as they are an invasive and much like alewives have the potential to dramatically change the fishery. Too late to do anything about it now, though.

The ones in Seneca and the canal system came up through there from elsewhere as invasives but the ones in lakes like Conesus must have been as bait. Too bad as they out compete the native species and are very hardy. The one pictured became eagle food.

There is a fish called redfin shiner that is native.  This may have been sold as bait at one time before the limited list was published.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/26014.html

The rudd has been around for quite some time as well, but is introduced.  On the map,.ir is showing in Conesus, Hemlock, and Silver. 

http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/94481.html

15 hours ago, longspurs said:

Well buddy and his boy cleaned up them fish, not sure if u can even clean a fish better than that but I was amazed how they came out. IMG_0336.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That is the method I use to clean pike.  Its the least waste method you can use for pike! 

35 minutes ago, Outdoor Lover said:

Tutorial coming?? LOL....Please?

Google pike fileting videos.  I tried the five cut method and did not like it.  I still got the tips of the pin bones in the top filet.  I can't remember what the method above is called but its great.