Hardwater report !!

longspurs

Went to honeoye yesterday with a buddy and his kid, ran some flags for bass and pickerel . Buddy's kid got 2 flags first thing in the morning both walleyes , 1 keeper and 1 throw back. Hour later I got a flag and another keeper eye. Not 1 bass or pickerel.... Not complaining 1 bit about that [emoji23]. Ice was 5 to 6in 1612127351892.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Went to honeoye yesterday with a buddy and his kid, ran some flags for bass and pickerel . Buddy's kid got 2 flags first thing in the morning both walleyes , 1 keeper and 1 throw back. Hour later I got a flag and another keeper eye. Not 1 bass or pickerel.... Not complaining 1 bit about that [emoji23]. Ice was 5 to 6in 1612127351892.thumb.jpeg.0f5f0a9c2be3624320d14865680cab41.jpeg

How deep were the walleye if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We were out deep yesterday evening, all alone, ~24 fow where I'd done a walleye the evening before. No luck looking for the repeat though. I've seen a few more walleye this year than years past, which makes me wonder whether the program they've been running at the field station may be starting to pay dividends. 

Hey Keith kinda spooky out there isn't it? I used to stay all night in my little igloo (only one out there) and leave my truck at the California Ranch and head for the east side near Log Cabin right on the margin of the 30 ft hole. Once the lights go out hard to get your bearings until daylight. Endure the cold all night and then the damned walleye would hit at first light:lol: Couple times of that was enough:smile:

I think it's paying off . Buddy of mine did well in the fall and said the numbers are up for sure. Let's keep them small bass and keep putting in them walleye. Night fishing I gave that up as well . First light is the best for me.

Have hit up oneida 2 times and chaumont 2 times. Oneida lots of short walleye. Few keepers on the mix. Decent # of perch around. Fished of lewis both times. Haven't made to my other spots yet. Fished chaumont once with brand new ice. It was a sketchy 3 inches do didnt venture too far. Went again and we got. A 12.5lb eye. A laker A pickeral a small mouth and about 40 perch. Fished the eye water for a while and only the one taker. Will be back Thursday. But also contemplating hitting up a musky lake! FB_IMG_1612053109833.thumb.jpeg.5128a68dadeee58a61fe2871e0b55a6d.jpeg62100.thumb.jpeg.6049891c54a19b7dc206389b912d3e64.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, camper4lyfe said:

Where's a good spot to get bait this year for Conesus?  Is Finger Lakes (formerly Ted's) open in Lakeville?

I haven't been to conesus this year and I don't know for sure. But there is a new bait shop on the north end of honeoye....Doc's bait and tackle....8690 main St. And there is the bait shop on the west side of silver...higgans family bait shop.....3834 W Lake Rd. What direction are you coming from?

47 minutes ago, skinny420 said:

I haven't been to conesus this year and I don't know for sure. But there is a new bait shop on the north end of honeoye....Doc's bait and tackle....8690 main St. And there is the bait shop on the west side of silver...higgans family bait shop.....3834 W Lake Rd. What direction are you coming from?

I'm at the North end of Conesus.  I can see it from my house lol.  I'll get in touch with Finger Lakes.  Their Facebook page makes it appear that they are open.  I stopped by a couple times this summer and it was dead, so we'll see.

South end. Before dark. Hole hopped until I found a spot with a good gill bite. Set up the lantern and it was a steady pick of gills on the bottom and the crappie would hit at 5 foot as I brought the jig up through the water column. Really consistent pattern.

Got on bass and pickerel at honeoye. Slow but steady pick on tipups and jawjackers. Panfish bite was nada. Bass shiners early, fatheads as sun came up. 

side note, what is it about honeoye ice fisherman that makes them come 20 yards from your spread and drill holes for like 30 min? Fishing would be better if people spread out....

13A8EC29-D58F-4869-83E3-73D90A28D01C.jpeg

• Like 3

I dug out some of my gear today to take inventory. I want to take my boys (ages 6 and 7) out on Conesus soon, but today’s wind put the brakes on that one for now. Tomorrow’s wind is looking marginally better. I don’t have a shelter, so I’m weather limited right now.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings. I’m only going to drill a couple holes and jig this time around. I don’t know how long their attention spans are going to be, and don’t want to mess with tip ups (and associated bait) for a half hour fishing trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Bait shop was out of waxies and spikes when I stopped by. Apparently there’s a shortage of wax worms due to a fungus of some sort, so no fishing today. I’ll stop by during the week and pick up some spikes for next weekend.

I figure an adequate assortment of snacks will keep them occupied. I may toss their hockey skates in as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Not to bad at all . Bare spots then punching through 4-in of crusty snow with possible slush in certain areas but easy for the most part. I would say 2 in of crusty snow for an average. I walked 1.25 miles out so it wasn't too bad.

• Like 1