Hardwater report !!

longspurs

Try the North end of silver lake over deep water for perch. 

We fished the north end, mainly targeting pike not a pan fish but I always jig. We were in 5-10 feet I moved to a drop off to jig 11-20feet but still not a bite

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Small glow tungsten jig head with waxworms. They needed to be teased. Start on the bottom and slowly move the bait higher while tingling the rod. Rinse and repeat. Present super slow. 

• Like 1

Good bite today for me , had to throw the candy at them. Had 4 flags 2 took in the weeds and stole my bait before I got there. The others were 37 and 36in . Both released for someone else to catch. I didn't see much of anything else going on . 00001IMG_00001_BURST20210211080753.jpegIMG_20210211_094608.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 6

Good bite today for me , had to throw the candy at them. Had 4 flags 2 took in the weeds and stole my bait before I got there. The others were 37 and 36in . Both released for someone else to catch. I didn't see much of anything else going on . 00001IMG_00001_BURST20210211080753.thumb.jpeg.e8b7de1875c0fc4911f6423a5d305967.jpegIMG_20210211_094608.thumb.jpeg.990901c06e9b72de707bad7c11b37ecf.jpeg

Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good bite today for me , had to throw the candy at them. Had 4 flags 2 took in the weeds and stole my bait before I got there. The others were 37 and 36in . Both released for someone else to catch. I didn't see much of anything else going on . 00001IMG_00001_BURST20210211080753.thumb.jpeg.e8b7de1875c0fc4911f6423a5d305967.jpegIMG_20210211_094608.thumb.jpeg.990901c06e9b72de707bad7c11b37ecf.jpeg

Boo yah. Well done

How’s the ice looking?

3 hours ago, idn713 said:

Anyone know if Sodus or Honeoye are 4 wheeler safe yet? I would love to go exploring away from the crowds but I also don't want to die lol. I am not a super serious ice fisherman so please forgive me if this is a super dumb question. 

Both of those bodies of water have lots of atv and snowmobiles on them. You could still go thru the ice so if your not sure then don't go driving around where nobody else is going. A little common sense and you should be fine.

10 hours ago, skinny420 said:

Both of those bodies of water have lots of atv and snowmobiles on them. You could still go thru the ice so if your not sure then don't go driving around where nobody else is going. A little common sense and you should be fine.

We had the ATV on Honeoye this week, and I'm not sure that I would do it again. Simply put, the ride sucked. I don't think that we were unsafe, but I was surprised that these temperatures haven't built more ice There was still only 5-6" of black ice mid-lake with white ice, slush, and then snow on top. 

The ATV didn't get stuck...but the million gallons of icy slush that came over the handlebars when we hit a deep pocket at 15 mph was a real waker-upper lol. I'd like to think that the past few days since Tuesday have put some more backbone into the top layer, but I wouldn't count on it. Make sure that you have chains and a good way to get your ATV out of the slush if you give it a try. 

The bottom-line: it's doable. 

3 hours ago, Gator said:

We had the ATV on Honeoye this week, and I'm not sure that I would do it again. Simply put, the ride sucked. I don't think that we were unsafe, but I was surprised that these temperatures haven't built more ice There was still only 5-6" of black ice mid-lake with white ice, slush, and then snow on top. 

The ATV didn't get stuck...but the million gallons of icy slush that came over the handlebars when we hit a deep pocket at 15 mph was a real waker-upper lol. I'd like to think that the past few days since Tuesday have put some more backbone into the top layer, but I wouldn't count on it. Make sure that you have chains and a good way to get your ATV out of the slush if you give it a try. 

The bottom-line: it's doable. 

Woof, that sounds awful. I think I will prob play it safe and get some exercise!

So, with all the talk about folks setting up too close to you, I had a chuckle today on Conesus when a guy towing three shanties stopped his ATV between one of my buddies and his tip ups, right in the middle of  where we were fishing. My buddy had to move his tent to see his flags! This guy on the ATV didn't even ask whether there was room or if we minded or even said boo. Not that we gave two craps (well, Scotty could have given them a crap, in a bag packaged nice nonetheless), but it would have been decent to acknowledge that there were other guys there. And it wasn't like we were fishing near other folks, just five of us in a group way the hell away from the crowd. 

Go figure.

11 minutes ago, Gator said:

So, with all the talk about folks setting up too close to you, I had a chuckle today on Conesus when a guy towing three shanties stopped his ATV between one of my buddies and his tip ups, right in the middle of  where we were fishing. My buddy had to move his tent to see his flags! This guy on the ATV didn't even ask whether there was room or if we minded or even said boo. Not that we gave two craps (well, Scotty could have given them a crap, in a bag packaged nice nonetheless), but it would have been decent to acknowledge that there were other guys there. And it wasn't like we were fishing near other folks, just five of us in a group way the hell away from the crowd. 

Go figure.

I think I saw them come in today.  Was this around 11-11:30:  I was out with my little guy (no dice, I really don't know what I'm doing, so I'm winging it), and saw a big group come in not too long before we left.

58 minutes ago, Gator said:

Go figure.

Unreal. Just have like an ounce of awareness, ya know? 

Go figure.

I think if Bones had more twisted teas in him it would of been a different outcome. Lol. I was thinking the whole time on how I could leave my bag of “brown trout” with them......
Never ever seen anyone do that.

And....how about the guys that come up to your holes that you have drilled in preparation for changing holes when one gets slow and folks come along and just start using them despite them being close to your hut etc. ... a little courtesy and manners can go a long way out on the ice.

• Like 2

And....how about the guys that come up to your holes that you have drilled in preparation for changing holes when one gets slow and folks come along and just start using them despite them being close to your hut etc. ... a little courtesy and manners can go a long way out on the ice.

I started using an old hole today, and I was a bit paranoid it might have been used by someone. The guy was gone, and it was iced over, so I was confident it wasn’t being used, but I definitely would have given it up had someone come after it.