Hardwater report !!

longspurs

I will add that since ice melts from the bottom, having snow pack add phantom inches to the ice thickness can give a false sense of security, particularly as spring approaches, when in fact you're standing on mainly honeycombed crap. This is not shaping up to be a great late ice bite.

• Like 1

No flags back there "tavern" but off the launch it was 6 to 7 foot. To the left there is a beaver hut ice is really thin near it. There has to be pike back there it's 1 of the deepest parts. Maybe next time

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You should try walking out from burger park, I’ve done it a few times with some success, just a long as walk. As long as there isn’t sleds ripping the channel you’ll have the place to yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I'll try there next time I have the confidence in the bay. Got out today off the loop lot out from the cattails. Ran a line out to the middle, deepest hole was 1 1/2 fow. Crazy low. I'm done with the bay for the year.

16 hours ago, idn713 said:

Heading to Oneida tomorrow. Any advice? 

You have to have a machine and get out to the shoals. Have fished the edges and not a lot of luck. Some perch but nothing crazy.

On 2/14/2021 at 3:04 PM, Sk8man said:

We've been talking a bit about inconsiderate folks but today was a new one for us. We were just getting set up this morning when a bunch of cars came out on the ice for a race and they vibrated the water so much it was coming out of the hole and the transducer float was bouncing almost out of it. So these guys leave so we relocated to the far south end and just get settled and a single car comes on the ice and starts racing 40- 50 mph and skidding etc. He then 'accelerates as he was approaching my son's clam and only missed it my literally inches. From my angle I thought the clam was gone with my son in it. I took a pic on my phone before he actually got there but the license plate wasn't clear. Here is the car and the clam beforehand Honeoye south end) I sure hope this guy isn't contributing to the gene pool.

carahole.jpg

Holy crap Les.  I'd be calling the law enforcement for sure.

Yeah Mike if I had the license number I would have but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mess with it without it.  It was about the dumbest thing I've ever seen though. His girlfriend was waiting for him on shore afterward so he was apparently showing off or something I saw her get in the car after he left the ice.

So Les..... You notice the girl friend but not the license plate[emoji1]

The old flame still burns.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!!!!

That’s great [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Fun day on Oneida. Never fished it before but my buddy and I gave it a go and made it work! We caught over 20 walleye but it was hard to find keepers! The consistent action along with the bonus jumbo perch still made for a fun trip! Not bad for a couple of Oneida rookies!   

C27E542C-EBE7-40F4-8ABC-9F83B77BCB42.jpeg

CB8D7030-6C0A-4945-B3ED-9B7569695234.png

• Like 6

Fun day on Oneida. Never fished it before but my buddy and I gave it a go and made it work! We caught over 20 walleye but it was hard to find keepers! The consistent action along with the bonus jumbo perch still made for a fun trip! Not bad for a couple of Oneida rookies!   
C27E542C-EBE7-40F4-8ABC-9F83B77BCB42.thumb.jpeg.ed5fbeae3ef295ad4cee3effe6280c4f.jpeg
CB8D7030-6C0A-4945-B3ED-9B7569695234.thumb.png.17a968d6dede7e42769735acd9fed736.png

Awesome job! Considering doing the same on Sunday with some buddies. Has to be rewarding going in blind and finding a bite. Did you guys have machines or did you hoof it? Can be an intimidating lake with no machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

38 minutes ago, Crafty Jay said:

Awesome job! Considering doing the same on Sunday with some buddies. Has to be rewarding going in blind and finding a bite. Did you guys have machines or did you hoof it? Can be an intimidating lake with no machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Was very rewarding and I was quite happy with it. We had ATVs but even that was dicey as we almost got stuck twice, as there were slush pockets 8 inches deep covered by snow crust. It was a shame too because if we could have moved further we prob would have been able to find some schools with bigger size. As it was we covered a lot of water and didn’t stop searching. We would smack a few in a hole and then move on when that bite died. DONT CAMP, keep moving! Electronics and navionics also helped immensely. 

Hit lewis point yesterday for a couple hours on my way to lake George. Fished from 1 to 3pm. Got a couple nice perch .
This morning at LG it was slow for lakers but had a awesome time for the ones that decided to bite. Hopefully tomorrow is betterIMG_20210220_084602.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice catch! Where did u end up going out from?

C27E542C-EBE7-40F4-8ABC-9F83B77BCB42.thumb.jpeg.ed5fbeae3ef295ad4cee3effe6280c4f.jpeg
CB8D7030-6C0A-4945-B3ED-9B7569695234.thumb.png.17a968d6dede7e42769735acd9fed736.png

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app