Hardwater report !!

longspurs

Had a awesome day of fishing today . Weather was mint and the fish were biting good . My niece caught a nice one, couple of the other kids got some as well. By far the best landscape to look at while ice fishing !!! IMG_20210221_071038.jpegIMG_20210221_071844.jpegIMG_20210221_073827.jpegIMG_20210221_075329.jpegIMG_20210221_114701.jpegIMG_20210221_114843.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 5

2 hours ago, brucehookedup said:

Planning on going to Keuka to do lakers off the collage tomorrow.  Has anybody heard anything, conditions, parking, the bite?? Thanks guys

I have not been down to the college, but I thing it might be open water there. You can check if you want, guys have been going out of indian pines and walking about half mile down the lake. I was out there last week a little bit to take a look got one on tipup with shiner. 20-30 fow could prob get deeper but I didnt go farther. 6-8 inch ice. snow had made some slush on top but that was freezing mostly. I plan to spend the day out there Wed. for lakers. Good luck!

Tough day was 0 for 3 with 3 of us. fished from 49 to 30'. Never marked more than 4 fish. Boat next time. That was on keuka lake south of the water plant. 4" of good ice.
That's the new normal . Wonder how long till the lake makes a come back.

We were at Keuka Indian Pines yesterday for the afternoon bite and it didn't happen for anyone around us or us. I jigged up a bullhead which was a bit unexpected:lol:

That's the new normal . Wonder how long till the lake makes a come back.

Last time the west branch froze up(4years ago?) it seemed to be the glory days of laker fishing where anyone that could get out to 40fow could have the time of their lives. Which lasted pretty much the whole season if I remember correctly. Has things changed in the lake since then? Minus the west branch not freezing up part.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

3 minutes ago, Crafty Jay said:

Last time the west branch froze up(4years ago?) it seemed to be the glory days of laker fishing where anyone that could get out to 40fow could have the time of their lives. Which lasted pretty much the whole season if I remember correctly. Has things changed in the lake since then? Minus the west branch not freezing up part.

I think its loaded with them. Marked plenty with boat during the summer. Seems maybe they wer'nt so plentiful in the shallows this winter? If we could just get them to grow bigger!

Plenty of Lakers in Keuka still. A lot them winter in the Branchport arm. We did about 60 fish in 2 trips jigging back in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nothing what is was guys!!! The lake is dead to what is was 15 years ago . Triple digit days are gone . Don't get me wrong I'll take 60 in 2 trips. [emoji1787] . Lots of good info on alewife population . Which answers alot of my questions as to why the perch guys are doing more Lakers than 15 years ago. Deep water guys numbers went down in the past 4 years cuz the schools are searching for perch. Wonder if the perch will take a hit years to come if not already ?

The perching has taken a hit. Yes you will get them in March but try the rest of the year.  Up until 3 yrs ago, I could catch perch the entire year. Not now. I hit other fingerlakes. When the alewife population crashed. The lakers went after the next easily available food source - perch. 

Yeah two years ago we were catching lakers in the shallows through the ice while fishing for perch and they were spitting up LIVE dink perch.

4 hours ago, longspurs said:

Bring creepers. Very slick and uneven . I fished the south end again this morning. I didn't measure but I would say 9 plus every hole I fished . Fishing was slow for me today.

Thank you. Not gonna play the panfish game, gonna do the easy thing and go for bass and pickeral lol 

We fished Honeoye yesterday, and it had frozen over nicely the night before - enough that the ATV never broke through. Smooth ride out to 26'. Creepers are a must. We ended up with a mixed bag including bass, walleye, perch, crappie and bluegill. Not a banner day, but a few biggies from each species. The sun shut the bite down by 9 am though.

• Like 1