Hardwater report !!

longspurs

Now duck season is closed it's time to pound some fish !! Took a drive down to Honeoye to give it a try. Went out the boat launch at the South end . Shore ice was fine just don't go by the creek mouth. Ice was 12in where I was. IMG_20180116_132233.jpgIMG_20180116_184648.jpgIMG_20180116_185625.jpgIMG_20180116_190036.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

Hit Keuka today with the wife for a couple hours. Walked out of Indian pines past pump house to 51fow. Had only 2 Chase and that was it out there . Moved in to 20 fow and got dink perch. Last move was 11 fow and the wife broke off on a Laker at the hole lmao she was pissed. Couple nice perch in shallow but had to leave. Ice was 10in but passed us it dropped quick

Hey spurs, talk about a pissed off wife....mine lost a rod/reel down the hole last week on Conesus. I was outside the trap and I heard this loud yelling "Oh no. the rod went down the hole!!"" It was her favorite rod.  I'll miss that rod but they make 'em every day. Tried to dredge it up but nada. Today on Conesus out of Vitale we caught enough gills for a supper or two. Had to weed through them. Nice bonus largemouth also. Maybe we'll locate perch next time out.

I fished the Honeoye Tournament yesterday! What a turn out also . I think we had 47 people. Tried to find the crappies but couldn't get any good ones. so I went in for the gills and picked away at them . Some nice bags came in to the scales. I'll post up the winning bags later on ice master tread

We had one like that a couple weeks ago and my son took it home to look at it and when he opened it up he saw some very gross abnormalities such as orange colored gell like balls throughout its insides. It wasn't just skinny but diseased and it looked like it was wasting away as much as starving.

Edited by Sk8man

That’s like 2-4 lakers that looked emaciated, that’s pretty alarming!! It’s a bad thing either way, but were this fish from the same lake/water system?? If not someone needs to get on this subject!! If it can be transmitted from one body of water to another that would be very very alarming thing!!

DEC is on top of the situation at Keuka, but from what I understand it's predominantly related to baitfish populations. If there's a disease that's snuck up on top of that, bad news indeed. Les, did your son keep the carcass to show somebody?

Keith - Unfortunately it was trash day the next day and it was really gross and he tossed it. He has cleaned a lot of fish and he told me he had never seen anything even remotely similar to it.

Edited by Sk8man