Braid holding in off-shore OR11 clips

Hello All, 

Respooling here....quick question, anyone have trouble with braid not holding in the pinch pads of the small/medium off shore releases? I run straight line planner boards, and was thinking of utilizing lead with braid, but was not sure the braid wouldn't slip through the pinch pads.

Thanks, Dave

If you are running the Off Shore brand inline planer boards, you can replace the bracket pinch pad release with their black Snapper release that will work for braid or core. I lost two boards, then finally bought a few snapper releases after a friend suggested them.
https://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/snapper-adjustable-release.html

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

if your running church boards with the pin in the back put the braid behind the pin like normal take both ends of the braid and let the board hang down spin the board three or four times this will lock it down so it wont slide, then put the one end in the front release to the rod and the other end to the lure. if you do this you will want to replace the back pin with the steel pins, the braid will cut a ring into the plastic pins after time.

Original question was for the small yellow pinch pad shower curtain type, running my boards off the mast line, I call them straight line boards. Old yellow Birds. But , you have answered another issue I had with my Church boards as well!

7 hours ago, pap said:
Thats a good price from franks thats where I bought all my new inline boards. Thats about $6-7

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

16 hours ago, Norm Moser said:
if your running church boards with the pin in the back put the braid behind the pin like normal take both ends of the braid and let the board hang down spin the board three or four times this will lock it down so it wont slide, then put the one end in the front release to the rod and the other end to the lure. if you do this you will want to replace the back pin with the steel pins, the braid will cut a ring into the plastic pins after time.

Got a new phone don’t know how I managed this post.:lol:

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by pap

Yeah Franks seems to have the best prices for the Off Shore products, especially their inline board combo packs. I’d like to buy their new larger boards, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Hawk;

Just go around the front pinch pad twice, this will keep the braid on there, also as said above spin the board four or five times on the back pin as well.  You need to spin the line on the  back pin first, then go around the pinch pad twice. 

good luck!

John

Hawk;

Yes, the board stays on the line & must be removed by hand to finish landing the fish, & yes I have had the board dive on occasion.  This can be almost eliminated by keeping your rod tip near the water surface.

Good Luck!

John

If your running church boards you can take the front release and turn it around like on there TX 44 boards or go to Anglers avenue and check out the Sam's pro release, they do a nice review of them on there. like ice said keep the rod low(,like you were told NOT to do all your life)  till you get the board close to lift it out of the water if you keep the rod up the boards tend to get skipy..

• 2 months later...

Got 4 Sams releases brand new off here and ordered 4 more of the Sams releases. But I’d like to get away from the braid but haven’t come up with a substitute yet?? Anyone got a idea feel free to give me your opinion???