Quinte monster

Roughrider IV

we use to go up every spring fishing was excellent on Hay Bay and Sherman point put in are time and figured out a good bite and drift that worked for us then it went downhill fast and from what I hear hasn't recovered much then I found the finger lakes but I miss that walleye fishery I'm hoping oneida lake can fill the gap thats one reason why I'm getting leadcore rigs ready .

WOW, that is the catch of a lifetime!!! Yes I’m so jealous:lol: congrats to that lucky angler!! Thanks for posting. Definitely a wall hanger with some Fame to come with it if it’s a new record, I hope for his sake it is!! Plus that’s really saying something for the walleye fishery’s the Great Lakes has to offer!!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, Iceman said:

NYS record as above with a little more info

Walleye 16 lb. 9 oz. 34 Thomas Reed Creek Chub Mystic Lake, Cattaraugus Co. 1/20/09

Record before this was caught in Kinzua Reservoir on a white jig & white Mr. twister I believe it was 16 lb. 4 oz.

Record before this was caught in Kinzua Reservoir on a white jig & white Mr. twister I believe it was 16 lb. 4 oz.

You know I find that odd too, I live close to Kinzua and have been fishing it for 25+ years, I do catch my Share of walleye there. But the average sized walleye for Kinzua is only about 16 inches. Anything over 20 is big up there. It’s not known for catching big walleye. It does however give up 1 or 2 odd monsters every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app