Wanted smart troll Android

Went to Niagara Falls show and walked out with a 2 probe smart troll, look to be a pretty nice addition. Problem is I own Apple no Android, so haha it wont work. I'm looking for what others like to use as a display for their smart trolls

thanks

Scott 

• Like 1

Went to Niagara Falls show and walked out with a 2 probe smart troll, look to be a pretty nice addition. Problem is I own Apple no Android, so haha it wont work. I'm looking for what others like to use as a display for their smart trolls
thanks
Scott 

Just by yourself a Samsung tablet

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I bought a cheap ASUS tablet off Amazon with some stick on plastic mounting brackets. Works great.

Although I still haven’t gotten the Smart troll to work. Interference problem from all the toys I have on my boat, I think. Need to try to sort it out in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I got a smart troll last yr, a 4 probe system,  we used my wifes tablet..  also did get some interference that we can try to fix in the spring also..

this system works great other wise... read rigger, dippsy, and the board lines at the same time...  you know if you are dragging a small fish...

good luck with your system...

Rick

• Like 1

I used an 8" Fire tablet from Amazon - $49 last year

Attached it to my dash with adhesive velcro strips. 

This keeps it in the cabin out of the weather and sunlight.

The display is large enough that I can read it from anywhere in the boat.

I used an 8" Fire tablet from Amazon - $49 last year
Attached it to my dash with adhesive velcro strips. 
This keeps it in the cabin out of the weather and sunlight.
The display is large enough that I can read it from anywhere in the boat.

I heard of interference and want to make sure its not the tablet that simply cant pick up the probe. Another person told me about the fire tablet and using it.
Has anyone that had issues tried another devise to see if it is a tablet concern?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

As I talked with him at the show, it was explained to me how to adjust the settings,  i have alot going on in my boat... I run two fish finders, lowrance and raymarine, have both the fish hawk and smart troll, riggers, boards, radios, kicker and tr-1,   way too much....   I am not affiliated with these people or system,  just a guy who loves to fish and try new things,   the system works great,...it was sending readings to the phone and my friends phone,and the tablet, you know when something wasn't right and there was usually a small fish on that line... i have ran both fish hawk and smart troll at the same time with no issues....

I also mainly fish erie for walleye so its not as deep there...

• Like 2

I'll get a tablet and see how it goes. I too have a bunch of things going on, but if we can make adjustments while under way that would be great.

thanks for the advise

Scott

I love mine, but with my out drive I can't run it on the opposite side of the boat from where the ducer is. No biggie, I only run one on the diver is all anyways, so it's not a big deal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Where did you mount your transducer? I just got my system being of January. I have an I/O also.

thanks
Scott 

For the time being I had an old android phone that I load the app to but plan to get something bigger. Just curious what kind of show special was there on them? I couldn’t make the show.

7 hours ago, scobar said:

I heard of interference and want to make sure its not the tablet that simply cant pick up the probe. Another person told me about the fire tablet and using it.
Has anyone that had issues tried another devise to see if it is a tablet concern?

I also have a kicker with a TR1, a fish hawk, 2 fish finders w/transducers, vhf radio, stereo and an I/O.

The only interference I have had is between the probes and the transducer and that was only occasionally with a probe on the port side when I was running the main motor and I/O at over 1000 rpm.  Never had any problems with interference between the smart troll receiver and the tablet.

I have the smart troll transducer mounted on the transom towards the outer edge on the starboard side, away from my kicker motor which is on the port side.  I think the interference I have seen is probably caused by the I/O prop turbulence between the probe and the transducer. 

I also have a kicker with a TR1, a fish hawk, 2 fish finders w/transducers, vhf radio, stereo and an I/O.

The only interference I have had is between the probes and the transducer and that was only occasionally with a probe on the port side when I was running the main motor and I/O at over 1000 rpm.  Never had any problems with interference between the smart troll receiver and the tablet.

I have the smart troll transducer mounted on the transom towards the outer edge on the starboard side, away from my kicker motor which is on the port side.  I think the interference I have seen is probably caused by the I/O prop turbulence between the probe and the transducer. 

Just wondering is your transducer mounted closer to the water line or closer to the bottom of the boat? Do you have any pics? I have all the same toys you have.

When you get interference do you adjust the floor in settings? If the floor is above the reading change the floor below it that should help. I’ve been using smart troll a couple of years. When I get interference I adjust the floor this tends to work.

• Like 1

My transducer is mounted about halfway between the bottom of the transom and the waterline, just inside of my trim tabs.

The "interference" I experience is just losing a consistent signal from the port side diver when I'm running the main motor and I/O.  My kicker doesn't seem to cause any problems but it is mounted higher than the I/O and further away from the transducer.  I run the floor settings pretty low most of the time. 

I only run the main motor when we have strong currents/wind/waves and then I drop a couple trolling bags and start the main still using the kicker with the TR1 to steer and fine tune my speed. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pole setter said:

For the time being I had an old android phone that I load the app to but plan to get something bigger. Just curious what kind of show special was there on them? I couldn’t make the show.

15% off $805 with 2 probes, walked out with it in hand

• Like 1

It’s a troller dream!! It’s a temp depth and speed probe that goes directly on the line of choice, then sends a signal to the transducer which then translates all that info into useful info to any type android phone or tablet.

It’s a probe that you can attach directly to your line and it will tell you temperature and depth. If you get the probe with the speed indicator it gives you speed as well. For more information check out www.smarttroll.com

4 minutes ago, pap said:

It’s a troller dream!! It’s a temp depth and speed probe that goes directly on the line of choice, then sends a signal to the transducer which then translates all that info into useful info to any type android phone or tablet.

Yea what he said