CAYUGA FREE FOR ALL 2

Well I like the "Cayuga Free for All" as a name! Simple, gets the point across. Or "Long Point Fish'n'fest". Cayuga fish'n'fest?

Stix has offered me a ride, so I'm putting down the jigs for this one and will hop in with him. :D

Only thought is, if the sunrise is at 0601, why wait until 0700 to start fishing? How about 0500? I just like to beat the sun!

(afaik that date's okay... might have a wedding to go to but he's a fisherman himself, if I show up smelly and 6 hrs late it'd probably be fine! :lol: )

dont forget from wence it came LOU. should be in there also it is this board that might make it happen.. without it we would be ships passing on the lake shouting obsenties due to lack of edicate , wondering why every one else is catching fish,and buying every new lure to hit the tackle shops, oh wait we do that anyways ,never mind. :? Cayuga LOU ALL now thats a name any polock would be proud of :D Ray Koziatek

Chaos said:

Stinger, how much does it cost to get into LPSP to launch?

Stringer, what VHF channel will be used for game day?

Stinger, can people camp at LPSP if desired? If not, closest convenient facility? Provide directions please.

Boy, you can sure tell he's an old lifer shouting out the orders without even taking a breath.

Long Point State Park, is located a couple miles south of Aurora on the east shore.

The only thing that this park doesn't have is camping. Not being a camper I really don't know if there is camping near by. Maybe one of the other members can help us out with that info.

Well....It costs $7.00 to launch at Long Point. Bbecause they have a swimming area which adds a $1.00 to the fee normal $6.00 fee. There is nice bathroom facilities ( with showers...Hermit can bring his suit and go to the wedding smelling good) near the launch, swimming, picnic area. Good parking for cars and a separate area for boat trailers just above the launch. Great handicap parking with 3 separate spaces for handicap vehicles with trailers. Three boats can launch at the same time with a 4th if needed. There are no slips for boats and limited space to tie up around the perimiter. There is a nice size grass area next to the trailer parking area if needed for more parking.

2ahzmt4.jpg

Other than the camping issue this is a nice park for the event. It doesn't get a lot of use. More like a local town park but is well maintained. The northern end of the lake see vary little recreational boating and jet skiing. That's way I like fishing this end. If everyone shows that say they are it will probably quadruple the normal boat activity. The final place will probably be inconvenient to some participants but that happens. Deans Cove is the closest launch on the west side to Long Point

I'll work on posting directions and the VHF channel at a later date if this ends up the place for the event.

Taughannock and Cayuga State parks both have camping, opposite side of the lake though. Looks like Long Point is halfway between the 2 parks, but I couldn't guess how far a drive it would be around the lake to Long Point.

Here's a few listed on http://www.tourcayuga.com/recreation/re ... ry=Camping

Sites relatively close to Long Pt:

Black Rock Campsites (maybe 2mi. away)

Ledyard Road

King Ferry, NY 13081

315/364-7262

Cayuga Marina & Campgrounds

5721 River Rd.

Cayuga, NY 13034

315-252-5754

Twin Oaks Campground

Rd. 1, Fire Lane 14, Lake Rd. off Rt. 90

Cayuga, NY 13034

315/889-5189

Split Shot, thanks from everyone for saving Musky, would have been a quiet day without him, so I’m told.

Chaos

Hmmm, sounds like everything that happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas. :lol:

I have a camper and 30 foot sea-ray at nearby hideaway harbor formerly Troys Marina. In Union springs . They would welcome transient boats and Campers, Tents, just have to be self contained. If anyone is interested when the time comes just shoot me an E-mail and I will see what i can do. My buddy and i also have a 17 footer with riggers but we really arent very good yet. Maybe we could learn somethin!!!LOL Let me know Dan

Here's another campground with boat launch.

Camping

The Town of Lansing's park at Myers Point will be accepting advance reservations for the upcoming season. There are 18 available sites each having electric and water hookups. A dump station is available.

The nightly fee is $16 and seasonal rates are available. Reservations may be made by calling the Parks & Recreation Department office starting January 1st. Visa/Mastercard are accepted. Call 607-533-7388 Mon.-Thurs. 7:30am-4:00pm and Fri. 7:30am-noon.

Also Robert Treman State Park just outside of Ithaca.

Only one question before we consider a change, Stinger, what time does LPSP open in the morning for access to the ramps?

You can launch at any time. No gates at the entrance. I usually show up long before any attendant like any fishermen would. What they do is when the attendant comes to work (about 8AM) they go around the park and put a ticket under your windshield wiper blade that tells you to stop by the guard shack on the way out to pay. So in that respect it's pretty easy. Also the bathrooms are unlocked at 7AM.

I'm not pushing this park over any other. Whatever works the best for the most works for me ;) .

Sounds like a crippled pervert,,stix you holding back on something you want to share here :shock: (hey your other post said take a jab not that i needed a invite) hope you have a forgiving personality ,short memory,or are under 4ft tall ........good sence of humor all of above would save my a$$ ..if we meet :? Cayuga L.O.U. All ........ray if someone brought one of those turkey friers,and every one brought a bag of favorite fish batter we could have a transfat colesterol feast with whatever is in those coolers

Hey hermit , with all these guys signed up

we can start late and finish early!

How many coolers should I bring?

........how many coolers to bring? Now there is a guy thats thinking ahead.

With this Bar-B-Q thing getting more interest than the fishing I'd say you'll need to bring 3 coolers. Two large and one medium. The two large coolers are for the steaks you and Hermie are bringing :shock: and the medium is to hold the beverage of your choice to consume while you and Hermie are on shore getting the fires going and cooking all those steaks, corn on the cob, salt potatoes, and yes...definitly fried fish. The rest of us will being a desert to share. So I'd say you can start late as you said,.... 11 AM should get things going in plenty of time for a 1 - 2PM eatfest.

Stix don't worry about not haveing enough time to go out on the lake to catch some fish,.....the rest of us will donate a couple fish for you and Hermie to eat. We'll also enter a fish or two for you if we decide that there is going to be a fishing contest. If so then I'm pretty sure that you two guys will win the booby price for smallest fish :lol: .

All those that agree please let `stix & Hermie know by giving them a vote of confidence. Use the PM feature so they'll know that we all love them.

Have a nice day.......

Guest guppy2

Spruce Row Campsite....4 miles south of Taughannock St Pk.Plenty of sites and 4 or 5 rental trailers are available along with water,electric,sewer hook up if you bring your own trailer and an inground pool.........Zeke

Cayuga L.O.U. All

....now Ray that has a real catchy ring to it. "Cayuga LOU-ALL". It says it all without tying this event to anyone location and keeps the LOU group the common denominator of the participatants.

I hope that it gets some serious thought when it's time for a vote ;) .

PS: Ray, aside from the above, I tink you funny :lol: .

Zeke,most of us can get a trailer to bring but that inground pool thing gonna be tuff ive been digging on the neighbors pool for the last 1/2 hr its gonna take half the summer to get that sucker outa the ground oh better quit my whining and get back on the shovel, stix if ya get that trailer you were looking for i might need it to get this pool to the lake........

Hmmm... I see the "get me into an Arima" conspiracy is still alive. :shock: I have an idea... make the first prize of the tourney Stinger's boat! I've seen it, nice ride. That'll keep the motivation factor up and with Fishstix as Captain we'll have a good shot at victory!

The BBQ idea sounds great, even the forcible assignment as galley slave, I mean cook, is acceptible. :D It's too hot to fish in August anyway. Fishstix and I will sit around in the shade gradually emptying one of those coolers while we watch you all fish. At the last minute, I'll throw a line in from shore and catch a 50 lb carp to take the "lunker" category and set a new NYS carp record... not bad for a lazy Saturday at the park!