WHY!!! Fishing certian color flasher

I was at the salmon school this past weekend and the guys did a great job. My question is why have i been hearing guys say fish a certain color flashes for cold water as opposed warm water. Russ from anglers ave said warm or cold water when i said whats a good flasher for spring.They were very busy so i didn't bother asking. Any help would be great.Thanks

Just their own personal experiences they are going by.  Others may swear by completely different flashers in the same scenarios.  There is no right or wrong answer.  I the world of trolling it is about reproducibility.  If you are catching fish on a certain flasher on a certain copper length.......put another out the same way.  If you are catch fish 250' on a wire dipsy set-up one day.......the next day put out your dipsy 250'.  If you are catching fish on a chrome flasher in the spring......next spring start with a chrome flasher.  Go read Russ's blog on his store's website.  Every year his flasher selection is different.  Don't lose sleep over this.  The fun of rigging is figuring the pattern yourself.

• Like 1

White green dot crush glow is a staple in my spread. For me...glow in low light...chrome in the sun. Do a search on this site...there was a post a few months ago on favorite flasher combos. You can spend a ton chasing the perfect combo..but honestly...white...green
..and chrome...should be all you need. Green and glow in flies...or just get the stud and glow stud. All you will need.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

16 hours ago, stillfishing said:

I was at the salmon school this past weekend and the guys did a great job. My question is why have i been hearing guys say fish a certain color flashes for cold water as opposed warm water. Russ from anglers ave said warm or cold water when i said whats a good flasher for spring.They were very busy so i didn't bother asking. Any help would be great.Thanks

Fisherman are known to complicate things, including myself. Things don't have to be that way but if you want to take the game to the next level it is important to take note of conditions that those flashers are producing or not producing. I have flasher and paddle preferences depending on water conditions. sunny vs cloudy, warm water vs cold water, clean water vs green water, shallow vs deep, near shore vs offshore.

14 hours ago, hawkeye625 said:

White green dot crush glow is a staple in my spread. For me...glow in low light...chrome in the sun. Do a search on this site...there was a post a few months ago on favorite flasher combos. You can spend a ton chasing the perfect combo..but honestly...white...green
..and chrome...should be all you need. Green and glow in flies...or just get the stud and glow stud. All you will need.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Not sure if anyone else has had luck with  this but, the White green dot crush glow with glow flys was really hot for me the last two years in the mid day bright sun. Anyone else have luck with glows in bright sun??

Yes sir!!  white green dot is always out in my pattern. I even used it with meat rigs this summer and that was on fire too!!  Also white green dot and the regular and glow stud fly took 65% of my kings this year. Cant wait for this summer because I feel I now have definite go to flasher fly/meat rigs I can run anytime with full confidence!!  IMG_0535.thumb.JPG.f7d03d76888c223febb328e3ea35e01f.JPG

20 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Caught 15 perch over 2lbs each this morning on blue jigs. It was epic!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Dang, I only got 14...your blue beat out my glow green dot moccachino hamstring alabama red (with a twist of lime). Guess I'll have to go buy a dozen.

I'm with Rob. As I get older, I've started to keep it simple  (by necessity, you know?). White with black or green dots, light green silver (livewire, hammertime), dark green silver/black (42 second), some variant of a crush, occasionally Froggy. It's way more important to know the water you're fishing and have good information. I'm also not a charter captain though, trying to squeeze every last fish out for his sports. If I leave a couple on the table...it's still a good day.

My go to paddles are Live Wire, Hammer Time, Green Dot and Black dot.  My go to mid day paddle is a white paddle with flat UV tape on both sides.  This has been killer on staging kings for me too.  Buy a mix of Echips and Spin Doctor in these colors and you cant go wrong.  I find some days Chips are firing more and some days Spin Doctors fire more. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

My go to paddles are Live Wire, Hammer Time, Green Dot and Black dot.  My go to mid day paddle is a white paddle with flat UV tape on both sides.  This has been killer on staging kings for me too.  Buy a mix of Echips and Spin Doctor in these colors and you cant go wrong.  I find some days Chips are firing more and some days Spin Doctors fire more. 

Do you ever mix your flashers? Run a couple spin doctors and a couple Chips in the same pattern or do you run all of the same kind?  

1 hour ago, steelfire said:

Do you ever mix your flashers? Run a couple spin doctors and a couple Chips in the same pattern or do you run all of the same kind?  

I mix and match and let the fish tell me what flasher they want.  If one is firing and the other is not, I switch to the brand that is firing more.  If it is equal or close, I leave it alone. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, steelfire said:

Not sure if anyone else has had luck with  this but, the White green dot crush glow with glow flys was really hot for me the last two years in the mid day bright sun. Anyone else have luck with glows in bright sun??

glow seems to work almost any time of day.  I always have something glow, and something green in my spread. 

To the OP's original question...nobody has given advice on cold/vs warm water.  Now I'm curious.  For me...running longer leads behind the same flashers and slowing down a little bit, for cold water...seems to work 1.8 to 2.0 down speed.. Seems like they like it a little faster in the warmer water.