2004 bay liner trophy 18' walk around ?

steelydan

I’ve been running an 1998 trophy 1802 for the past 3 seasons. First off, it sits high in the water, feels like a 20’ on the water but trailers like an 18’. I have a roller trailer and can launch solo. (Btw, I drive a Tacoma)

I mostly fish with my just brother, but also fishes great with 3 and there’s enough room for 4, unless you’re huge guys. If you commonly fishing 4 guys you’ll probably want something bigger or a walkthrough.

I love the walk around and my kids (3 and 6) do too. Obviously easy access to front. I’m planning to mount a mast up there this spring, been using inlines so far.

Cabin keeps you’re gear dry, you have to break down your rods, but it works. Also a place for the wife and daughter to pee that’s not in the open and not a bucket (which was a refusal before! Lol)

An issue that arose when I had it on a slip for a couple weeks was that there’s a drain hole at the base of the cabin and water would come up through it when it rained a good amount. Tried to plug it, which didn’t work. I ended up installing an automatic bilge. Problem solved.

The metal gunnel sections in the back are great for securely mounting rod holders or tracks with through bolts.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

- GBL

Puffer II: 1802 Trophy

Green Boat: 1966 Starcraft Mariner-V 14

I’ve been running an 1998 trophy 1802 for the past 3 seasons. First off, it sits high in the water, feels like a 20’ on the water but trailers like an 18’. I have a roller trailer and can launch solo. (Btw, I drive a Tacoma)
I mostly fish with my just brother, but also fishes great with 3 and there’s enough room for 4, unless you’re huge guys. If you commonly fishing 4 guys you’ll probably want something bigger or a walkthrough.
I love the walk around and my kids (3 and 6) do too. Obviously easy access to front. I’m planning to mount a mast up there this spring, been using inlines so far.
Cabin keeps you’re gear dry, you have to break down your rods, but it works. Also a place for the wife and daughter to pee that’s not in the open and not a bucket (which was a refusal before! Lol)
An issue that arose when I had it on a slip for a couple weeks was that there’s a drain hole at the base of the cabin and water would come up through it when it rained a good amount. Tried to plug it, which didn’t work. I ended up installing an automatic bilge. Problem solved.
The metal gunnel sections in the back are great for securely mounting rod holders or tracks with through bolts.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

- GBL

Thanks greenboat, exactly what I wanted to hear. I mostly fish with my best friend or my dad. I have a 4 yr old daughter and currently have a C.C. That's not very good for the wife or kids. I want something that I can launch and load solo on occasion. Tight line

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Happy to help.
Launched and loaded with my 6 year old daughter a number of times (you could call it solo). I put in just enough that the boat will roll back slightly when I release the winch but then stop after a few feet, get slack and take hook off, grab bow line and give the boat a push. Slides right in. My daughter likes to “help” so she holds the stern line and I tell her if it gets tight or pulls her to just let go. She does effectively pull the stern to the dock now! Then we usually get after some perch in the bay! Landing, I put the trailer in the same amount and use the winch to crank it up, the rollers line it up fine most of the time. If there’s a good cross wind it may frustrate a little! IMG_6480.JPG

- GBL

Happy to help.
Launched and loaded with my 6 year old daughter a number of times (you could call it solo). I put in just enough that the boat will roll back slightly when I release the winch but then stop after a few feet, get slack and take hook off, grab bow line and give the boat a push. Slides right in. My daughter likes to “help” so she holds the stern line and I tell her if it gets tight or pulls her to just let go. She does effectively pull the stern to the dock now! Then we usually get after some perch in the bay! Landing, I put the trailer in the same amount and use the winch to crank it up, the rollers line it up fine most of the time. If there’s a good cross wind it may frustrate a little! IMG_6480.thumb.JPG.2cfe91bd07857cde7d937a8f4a9482fe.JPG

- GBL

That's awesome! I am going to get my daughter trolling on Seneca and Cayuga soon. Does it handle waves, 3 to 4's or so

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes, I’ve been out multiple times in 3-4 footers. I’m on the big lake. We have to go at least 7 miles to the grounds from the launch. Getting there those days takes a while! We have never taken a wave over the bow or stern in rough water while trolling. Boat handles well.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yes, I’ve been out multiple times in 3-4 footers. I’m on the big lake. We have to go at least 7 miles to the grounds from the launch. Getting there those days takes a while! We have never taken a wave over the bow or stern in rough water while trolling. Boat handles well.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
[/quote
I had a 1802 ausome boat one of th worst things i did was sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app