Leadcore 832 12# to 15# seaguar leader - knot question

No lead removed on the Alberto knot I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yes, I should have mentioned that in the video the author is using regular braid. For our needs, The LC sheath with the lead removed handles the same way as regular braid when tying the knot. Sorry for the omission. I use 12lb 832 LC exclusively for trolling the reservoirs where I live and use the Alberto knot to tie in 10lb fluoro leader. Have never had the knot fail! Give it a try! [emoji2]

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

By the way, I use the same knot when I make up my various lengths of leadcore set ups and join Stealthcore segments to braid backer again, after removing 4-6” of lead from the sheath!
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If you don't use a razor blade the mono or floro will probably have a bur on it that you won't be able to see with naked eye. That will prevent you from pushing the line into the sheath of the leadcore. If you don't use a razor blade to cut the leadcore you will probably have alot of fraying at leadcore cut. You won't be able to see hole to push the line in.Anyhow this is a knot that works great. Its never failed me in 25 years. Do a couple practice knots be for making your final connection.

Uni to Uni, and always remove the lead when tying knots in LC. Some think it's important to wet the sheath before clinching, others don't. 

LC presentations are a must in our crystal clear waters on Lake Michigan. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2018 at 1:18 PM, mrk61 said:

I use the Alberto Knot to join Suffix 832 LC to fluoro leader. Remove about 6” of lead and then use the LC sheath to tie the knot onto the fluoro. Strongest knot I’ve used and hasn’t failed. It is also very low profile and glides through the rod guides!
Good luck !
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What size Suffix LC are you using? I was considering buying some 18#.

Just to be clear Todd, I use the #12 Sufix 832 ONLY for rowboat trolling for Browns. On Lake O, #27 Stealthcore All the way but use the same Alberto knot to join the LC to the Braid backer and also the Fluoro leader on the other end. The knot has held up good on angry Kings! 

Mike

1 hour ago, mrk61 said:

Just to be clear Todd, I use the #12 Sufix 832 ONLY for rowboat trolling for Browns. On Lake O, #27 Stealthcore All the way but use the same Alberto knot to join the LC to the Braid backer and also the Fluoro leader on the other end. The knot has held up good on angry Kings! 

Mike

Thanks for clarifying the 27# Stealthcore, Mike!