Lowrance Autopilot

bobwarner

Anyone have info on lowrance autopilot? Apparently there is 2 different versions. The second version being much improved. In Canada version 1 is $1350. Version 2 is $1800

Also looking at the HDS Gen 3 9 with totalscan including 3D, anyone have one and do you love it!??

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I bought a Lowrance Outboard autopilot with an HDS 7 back in July. I love them. Both worked great the rest of the summer. The autopilot works flawlessy for trolling at 1 to 3 mph. Has heading mode, zig zag, sporal, S turn, waypoint, depth hold etc. would never want to fish without it now

I have had it for 2 years now  and its like having  another person  on the boat. its the best 1000.00   I have ever spent   on  a boat  . Love the S trolling  and all other features    By the way it was  very easy to install 

Hardest thing to do during the install for me was to get all the air out of the system. Took me 3 days of working the thing. One problem I encountered was that the autopilot would move the steering wheel back and forth, but the motor would not move. This is why the air wouldn't come out. I finally had to make a small bracket to mount from the dashboard to the spoke on the wheel, to hold the wheel from moving. With the wheel pegged, the AP will move the motor. Once I figured this out, the bleeding happened much better! I made it quick disconnect with a pin, so its not a problem. I think it s because my steering pump is so old, the design. So regardless of which AP you get, you will find it is the best money you will spend on equip for the boat.

1 hour ago, bobwarner said:

hi, just spent the dollars on s HDS Gen 3 9 structure scan and 3D with auto pilot. now just have to install it and see if my wife will speak to me again this year

Good luck with that!  Not sure which one you want.  lol  jk