My son's personal best pike- Keuka

Thank goodness for cameras. I think with cell phones all having cameras it drastically increases the ability to catch and release and not have to tell "fish tales". Not that any of us would ever tell tales, but it's great you can have that memory and share that memory forever...

• Like 1

Very good points. We both felt that it was one of those great moments in life and we have been fishing together since he was 2 1/2 yrs old.

• Like 2

Fish will have their revenge! I caught a bass a few years ago that I dropped onto my bare foot, and wouldn't you know one of the dorsal spines stuck straight through my toenail and broke off. In addition to the initial infection, I got to deal with the spine working its way out over the course of several months.

Edited by Gator

I haven't had pike or pickerel in quite awhile but they are delicious in terms of the meat. You have to know how to fillet them properly (check out youtube videos for tips) to avoid bones. Most folks I know eithercook them in a pressure cooker to melt the bones or grind up the meat  finely and then make patties from them much as you'd make salmon patties. They are mild tasting and excellent quality.

Edited by Sk8man

Fish will have their revenge! I caught a bass a few years ago that I dropped onto my bare foot, and wouldn't you know one of the dorsal spines stuck straight through my toenail and broke off. In addition to the initial infection, I got to deal with the spine working its way out over the course of several months.

That story makes my toe hurt...