Walleye Tourney

LakerTaker

My Dad (79) won 2nd place in our local ice fishing walleye tournament on Munoscong Bay, on the St Mary’s river system between Lake Huron and Lake Superior. 7.23 pounds, which is fairly small this year. Caught it on a white jack spoon with a minnow head, 35 FOW. Usually a 7 pound fish would be closer to 8th place. He won an Ion X electric auger. Two weeks ago he bought a regular Ion and sold two of his gas augers. Lol. IMG_7657.thumb.PNG.2e8a689fb8d834021dfa20510fdff80c.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

5 hours ago, dukhnter8 said:

That's sweet, I used to fish Munoscong Bay in college. I went to Lake superior state. I miss that area, some great perch and walleye fishing.

Small world.  I am an engineering professor at Lake State. Yeah, we have one of the best fisheries in the mid-west.....at least I think so.  You can catch almost every species in a 50 mile radius and we have access to Superior, Huron, Michigan and several inland lakes and streams. 

4 hours ago, pap said:

Great to see and hear!!! Lake!! Congrats to your dad!! And yourself for being out there with him!!  PAP.

Thanks PAP.  I actually wasn't there with him (though I should have been).  It didn't work out with my schedule this year.  My nephew and his semi-professional fishing buddies took care of him.  

7 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Congrats!:yes: Glad also to see that he is still at it gives encouragement to us old timers :lol:

Yeah this was the very first year that he actually felt nervous about going out.  It's kind of a tough area where we fish.  We drive out 4 miles or more to the shipping channel...in the dark...in a snowstorm, etc.  Very easy to get turned around. I grew up ice fishing and fishing in remote Canada. My Dad seems to have the ice fishing locked in.  I take him trolling in the summer.