Sold / Closed DOWN RIGGER CABLE LEVEL ANGLE FINDER

15 minutes ago, srd said:

I attached the protractor to the square pc. of wood and used a cotter pin as the pendulum. Align the left or right edge of wood with the cable and pendulum will tell you the angle   

THANKS STAN .THATS ACTUALLY LIKE THE TOOL I HAD ONLY IT HAD A BUBBLE LEVEL ON IT . IS IT POSSIBLE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THE ONE YOU MADE? THANKS TED

Sorry I did have it here.

5a7f3e5982d0f_Anglechart001.thumb.jpg.5b1549c845cea4eaa00c1831d9446c9d.jpg

Edited by srd
Just align rt or left edge to cable depending on port or star. and pendulum will tell you the angle. Hope this helps.

THANKS  LAKER TAKER I HAVE A GUY THINKS HE HAS ONE  LIKE THE ONE I HAD BUT I CAN'T GET TILL APRIL. IF NOT I AM GOING TO MAKE ONE LIKE SRD DID. I ALSO FOUND AN APP  CALLED DOWNRIGGER  WHERE YOU USE YOUR PHONE VERY INTERESTING JUST DON'T LIKE THE IDEA USING PHONE IN FOUL WEATHER OR OVER WATER.

You are welcome & sounds good. Yeah, I’d be afraid of dropping my phone in the water for sure. I suppose you could use a lanyard and tie it to your wrist, but that’s one more thing to keep track of.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Use your cell phone.  Just calibrate it on a level surface before you get on board.

Still, not sure why this is so critical.  Speed and temp is much more critical than what depth the lure is at.  A few feet won't make a difference once you find the proper temp.

Do you think that the dipsey depths are dialed in?  They would be affected by so much more.

• 1 month later...