(iso) probe recovery service

Do you know where you lost it. Put your favorite Harbor Freight LED flashlight and a GoPro together and send it down. Use WiFi direct and put the image on your tablet. You may find it. When you do, hook it and bring it up. Depending on where you lost it, 99% of the lake bottom is sand. Make a 20' wide drag bar, tie it to the transom and have a go at it.

Do you know where you lost it. Put your favorite Harbor Freight LED flashlight and a GoPro together and send it down. Use WiFi direct and put the image on your tablet. You may find it. When you do, hook it and bring it up. Depending on where you lost it, 99% of the lake bottom is sand. Make a 20' wide drag bar, tie it to the transom and have a go at it.

Thats a great idea, thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I wanna get certified to dive just to go pick up all the lost gear on the bottom of the lake. Can you imagine.... was almost walking in your shoes this past year tech. Hooked bottom with my ball. Luckily my break away cable did it's job

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

9 hours ago, 180ccf said:

How are you sending a wifi signal through the water?

1 hour ago, Gator said:

I hope your GPS is precise and you can hold position well. Entire ships go down and can't be located or are found only years later.

Now you are spoiling all the fun.

If your in southwestern ontario I have a diver if you have coordinates

Sent from my LG-D852 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What's your diver charge? and what's there max depth? I was doing some research and it may be out of reach for a diver. The probe and ball are out in front of hughs in 140 fow.

Just the cost of salmon  fishing !

So an rov capable of diving to over 300 ft costs less than the latest iphone. And is no more difficult to run than an rc plane. And Given the amount of money laying on the bottom of this lake, I was hoping that someone on this site would know someone that has one.

So an rov capable of diving to over 300 ft costs less than the latest iphone. And is no more difficult to run than an rc plane. And Given the amount of money laying on the bottom of this lake, I was hoping that someone on this site would know someone that has one.

Sounds like a business opportunity???

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

7 hours ago, tech2526 said:

What's your diver charge? and what's there max depth? I was doing some research and it may be out of reach for a diver. The probe and ball are out in front of hughs in 140 fow.

140 ft is a little deep for a compressed air dive , let alone the bottom time will only be a few minutes . decompression needed ,  cold water temps in dark murky waters etc  = PITA . Even  though my diving days are over . I did not bother my diving friends to try to recover my own X4D probe I lost , less hassle and time just buying a new one. Now a ROV sounds like a better idea than the Drone i was Thinking about .

• Like 2