LT TROLLER, FISHIN AGAIN? GENNY REPORT 9/3

LTT and I headed out first thing this morning and tried in front of the river for about an hour with no hook ups, marked some fish and bait. Pulled up and set Divers and a 10 core out in about 60 feet. We got two Kings 24 and 14 Lbs and had a hard hit on a silver prism echip with Mirage fly that bent the swivel and went byby. Have to get some better swivels. The 2 Kings we got were caught on 42 Spin Doctor, 120 #2 on the wire. Pulled em at 10:00. Great morning to be out, other boats that were fishing were mostly out deep. Won't be out again for a few days. Brian

Thanks for the trip BT.

Couple of nice fish and of course "the one that got away" - damn swivels! :x

I posted 2 pics of your "derby fish" you caught with my son and will bring the rest to work on the cameras memory card. Boy did you get screwed with that fish - tied for 10th & you get the 11th spot = $100 vs $200, and then no big fish of the day on the last day of the derby = another $100 lost. :( O'well at least you have your name on the leader board. Just fame, no fortune! :lol:

See ya.

LTtroller

Bob

What kind of swivels are you guys going to get? I had a Sampo ball bearing swivel straighten or snap out trying de-flea my wire rod earlier in the season and I was not happy. I have some black heavy duty snap swivels without ball bearings that are great and they are even hard to open up with your thumbnail.

HIi FLXTroutman.

Off brand cheap O's. Guess we got what we payed for. We think the problem was the ring at the end was not a welded ring, but a split ring that was "ripped" open - that fish hit hard, even destroying the snubber :shock:

We were thinking of going with the Sampos' which I believe are a solid, welded ring unless someone has a better and/or cheaper brand. Let us know.

Been out @ Canandaigua since vacation? Buddy did a quick boat check there yesterday and fished for an hour getting 1 - 22" Laker with the meat rig in 120 fow at the north end. Octobers coming! :)

LTtroller

(Bob)