Wanted Putting cabin on land?

The tax assessors certainly dont make it to every parcel for assessments......It is getting harder to conceal improvements from drone arial surveys and detailed satellite images. Darn technology!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

With the Pictometry systems a lot of counties are using, you can just about tell the make and model of a compact car in a driveway, and you can measure setbacks etc without a site visit.  I'd be careful about that one hole outhouse without checking the codes, while there are still a couple of counties in NYS that will allow an outhouse, it is not all that many, they want to see a properly sited and constructed septic system, as will any nearby people (and maybe you eventually) who might have drilled wells.  And just because you're off the roads doesn't mean you can't be seen, a lot of the flyovers get done during leaf off.   Code violations are definitely one thing where it is not easier to beg forgiveness than to ask for information (and permission).

I was sitting outside a local watering hole with a friend one day when the Google wagon drove by.  With the "Little walking man" tool, I can pull up a picture of the two of us to this day, although google blurs the faces.  White hair shows up though!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hop said:

If you decide to go with a camper I have an 08 31 footer for sale. Probably could deliver to your site. Great shape, no leaks, ducted AC and heat. I'm about a half hour from Montezuma.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think I need to lay a gravel pad down first. My dad almost got his little camper stuck last fall.  There is already an area cleared where I wanted the build or prefab to be.  If I left it there I wonder if it would get me in trouble with CEOs?  Its definitely an option I'm looking at. Price?  To pass on to the warden

Edited by fmrdd0331

Be careful about that Amish shed not being a permanent structure...we were told that permanent or not, there were no "above ground" structures allowed, period. Crock of BS, but what can you do? For $100 they'll "consider" your request to erect a tool shed :*.  I hope the regulations are better by you.