Going to pay for my lund boat tuesday fury or rebel

dfg4240

I’ve heard that the rebel has a double plated bow, but I just looked at the Lund specs for both and it shows both boats as being single plated (single sheet of aluminum). The rebel might also be slightly larger in beam and length. Also check to see what size trailer (tires, etc) each comes with. The Rebel trailer might have larger tires. It really comes down to options, layout, and personal preference. Look at all specifications side-by-side. Nice boats!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Looks like Lund has several Rebel models.  The Rebel XS has a double plated bow while the Rebel 1600 is a single.  Really need to follow LakerTaker’s advice and layout specs on each model you are pricing.  The double plated bow is worth considering.  Heavier material thickness will show in boat weight.

Also, make sure you like the placement of the livewell. One model might have it in the front and the other model in the back. If you fish by yourself, having it the front might be inconvenient. But for me, having double plating (if it’s an option) might override the livewell decision. Much to consider!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have the Lund rebel 16.25 50HP bought it in 2008.  I love the boat.  Been in a lot of weather i probably should not have been in.  It rides great in the waves if your smart about it.  The swing trailer allows me to keep it in the garage all year.  Can't say enough about it.  I use it for bass, pike, perch, trout salmon.  I have had it on Erie, Ontario and every finger lake around.  Great boat all around. 

thanks dgio67 Bassin Bob.-I was just a little worried that the Lund was not quite big enough but I think I will like it

Just wondering also where the heck they are going to mount that 16" simrad  chartplotter. with side scan.

anybody have one of these mounted on a 16 footer>

DaveyG

Now I'm picking up a 9 in. Garmin. I have a Lowrance and hummingbird now. My Lowrance is on the dash. The bird is mounted on the left side across from my seat. I use one for map one for fish. Garmin replacing one. Not sure which. I've had mine out on Ontario. In rough. But use common sense. I came in as it was building. My Fury is very stable. I'm very happy. We fish all over. Ontario, oneida, finger lakes. Lake placid, you name it. We drag lures. Good luck. Enjoy it. Which ever you chose.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have two to choose from

http://www.seagermarine.com/boat_listings/2017-lund-1600-rebel-side-console I don't like this one for the reason the storage on the sides takes away from free space.

This is the rebel SS

The fury XL SS is 3 inches wider and has 3 seats and extras and I don't get the difference in MSRP

http://www.seagermarine.com/boat_listings/2017-fury-1625-xl-side-console

That simrad 16" definitely will no fit on top of the console-too big.

Maybe I should get the big tiller they have there

Daveyg

You can really mount anything you want on the track system.  I have all the rod holders mounted on them for when i troll.  You can get a plate for it and mount it there.  Based on the floor plan i would go with the fury.  Looks to be wider than the rebel on this one.  Assuming the sides are the same height.  Lund makes a great product and i got mine from Seager as well.  Have always had good success with them and they have treated me right.  I have the rebel 16.25 and it has the same layout as the fury for seating.  It has a nice wide beam and a high gunwale as well. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would not buy a new Lund. Take a look at Hewescraft aluminum boats, Way more boat for the same hard earned money.  It is worth the drive to Erie Marine in OH to pick one up. Talk to Brian there and trust me- I looked at Lund and went with the Hewescraft and drove from NH to pick it up!

my Sportsman 180.jpg

1 hour ago, Hap said:

I would not buy a new Lund. Take a look at Hewescraft aluminum boats, Way more boat for the same hard earned money.  It is worth the drive to Erie Marine in OH to pick one up. Talk to Brian there and trust me- I looked at Lund and went with the Hewescraft and drove from NH to pick it up!

my Sportsman 180.jpg

The die-hard Lund guys aren't going to stand for this..lol. get the popcorn ready cuz this threads about to get interesting.

Hewescraft will definitely be my next boat they are sweet but do they even make one in the size range this gentleman is looking for

Yes Hewescraft makes the Sportsman model in a 16, 18 or 20 foot size. Mine pictured is a 18 foot with a Honda 100 and 8 kicker with Minn Kota i-pilot trolling motor. Starcraft was my first choice over Lund until I saw the Hewescraft. There was no doubt these boats are built better- one look at the welds will convince you. The price was actually cheaper as well- it was a no-brainer.

HPIM0941.jpg

• Like 1