Convectors

I have about a dozen cv 30d’s for rigger and divers and a handful of 55L’s for junk lines and have had very few issues with them. I fish a few times a week from may-sept, only issues I had were one stripped pinion gear and one bad clicker. All got tuna’s drag upgrades.

I’ve been meaning to get my hands on a DS, should be a great diver reel. The regulars are a little slow when clearing lines with a ton of wire out.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have a few 45s loaded with 500 19 strand and 200 weighted steel . The only issue that I found is the reel line guide. You have to make sure that your knots are very smooth and kept as small as possible

15 hours ago, thumbburn said:

Just bought a new cv30 ds and sending to tunas for drag up grade.... first reel I have purchased for wire in a long time... daiwa 47’s last!! How do you guys like the convetors... I’m just a weekend guy so I know tekotas and such are better....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Convectors are solid. They have been a staple for Okuma for a long time. 

Takotas are a great reel, I have 6 800s, pretty pricey. I also own over 30 convectors, great reels also, my go to reel of choice. At first had a problem with clickers breaking, Tuna Tom repaired 4 and sent me a dozen parts packages and told me to replace them myself(no charge). Been very happy since.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 2/13/2018 at 7:41 AM, bandrus1 said:

How much r tom upgrades

FYI it's $9 for the Dragmaster drags and around $15 for the labor. You get the

old parts back in a baggie. Great value IMO.

I also ordered several extra clicker springs for my Catalina wire reels. $2. 

33 minutes ago, UNREEL said:

FYI it's $9 for the Dragmaster drags and around $15 for the labor. You get the

old parts back in a baggie. Great value IMO.

I also ordered several extra clicker springs for my Catalina wire reels. $2. 

About 25 each plush shipping each way?

the 15 bucks includes inspection,clean,lube,and replacement of any broken or worn parts he finds.like legacy said ,no need to upgrade drags out of the box,i had 5 seasons on mine and just had him do the drags while he was in there for p.m.

Edited by finsntins

21 hours ago, Legacy said:

Absolutely no need to upgrade the drags on a convector straight out of the box. Does tuna Tom's offer great drags for all reels... Absolutely.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Agreed. Like finsntins, my Convectors and Catalinas had 6-7 years on em and needed some PM

Got it yesterday and am just going to use it..... I was sending a cpl other reels to tunas and thought I heard the drags on the convectors were suspect.... got a good price on them so was thinking why not upgrade them... still would have been cheaper than tekotas and such

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United