Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallyandre

Lowrance autopilot cable steer

Yup. Cabelas was clearing a bunch of stuff out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did this Lowrance Outboard Cable Steer Pack system end up working for you performance and noise wise.  Thanks

Just bought a Hds 7 Carbon with total scan transducer for 799 online. Carbon is 1 gen up from Gen 3 but the latest this year is HDS Live, but expensive. Best deals are usually 1 gen from latest.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

NICE on the graph, Any idea how the Lowrance Outboard Cable Steer Pack systems work performance wise?  Thanks

4 hours ago, Beachit said:

NICE on the graph, Any idea how the Lowrance Outboard Cable Steer Pack systems work performance wise?  Thanks

The computer and the Gen ? That control are the same and the motor on the wheel is a Octopus; Octopus is very well known in the AP world as the best  for the cable steer.

That being said you can expect the same result as the hydraulic model

Posted (edited)

Works great.

I am very impressed.

3 weeks ago we put in at Kingston and ran out to Main Duck Island.

I let the autopilot drive back in at about 28 mph and it did great.

I used the arrows to alter course every once in a while but very nice.

We trolled for 4 or 5 hours and it worked perfectly.

I think I said in a previous post I used an HDS 7 Gen 3 to control it.

Love that unit as well.

Edited by BC FD

No problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They doo offer a tilt add on  look for NAVICO and you should be able to find it. I installed  the cable version over Winter because as many mention when you ask someone to steer  you end up with a mess of tangled lined  I bought ming for $1299.00 in addition to a build a boat kit  which had 2 HDS9 Carbon units sound system and speakers along with external GPS antenna( not needed  autopilot has one in the kit)  and NMEA 2000 network starter kit. I can say I love it i can go out alone to the ocean and  hit a button to hold heading  set my lines and once complete set routes to troll . All you have to do is watch for others! I installed it on an 89 Penn Yan Tour 212

I use mine at Sandy Hook, NJ during Striper season.   You can go online to Navionics.com create routes and save them to your account.  you then can download them to a card and transfer the routes to the Sonar nit. if you use HDS units you can watch the video on how to to so.  I do not recommend creating long routes on the HDS unit as i have experienced where the route cut across land and i didn't see it on the small display. Lowrance recommends  doing them online. I have created routes from wave points while marking bait balls and fish. I would troll around looking for markings and create wave points for them when i think  i have enough i create a route and when it asks to use the wave points i select the ones i created  save it as some name. i can use that route to troll all day forward and reverse. you can setup s turns zig zags and  spiral circles if you wish. It makes fishing so much easier alone, or even better with the in experienced passengers. I can set 8 lines and sit back and wait for the rods to pop off.  when stripers would hit i stop navigation and just select hold heading to keep tension on the lines. someone always watches for traffic and if you need to disengage quickly there is a oh Sh_t button the dash its RED you hold it and your back in command! If you have the Lowrance HDS unit and i think the TI gen 2 models or Simrad units  this is the bomb. If you have any questions feel free to ask attached are Images of the new dashboard and installation of the auto pilot unit. you will have to open the back wall a bit and i just built a 3 inch extension around it  then mounted all the electronic boxes and NMEA network there. If you know basic wiring and can follow instruction you can install this all yourself save a bunch of money. The image of the fish was that girls first Striper and I attribute that to the electronics we chased these beasts for 5 years and tis year we were on them! Thank You Lowrance

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

56910409465__AECBD188-901A-4058-9C45-27FC6A794C7A.jpg

56910487292__D22F8805-E9E0-40EB-A6DC-0311C4AE8632.jpg

57021689203__56241627-3E3C-47BA-BA40-6EC800D0D345.jpg

57869033146__AE1B461E-8DEB-4E06-8C92-8FA8F2AD017F.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

• Like 1