Florida school shooting

Good question. What has changed is the invention of the internet. It has given everybody the possibility to express their thoughts and feelings  to the entire world without any checks and balances no matter how extreme they are. There are plenty of weird websites that glorify racism ,hatred and extremism. Kids and grownups can sit in their room in front of a computer  and absorb all of that without ever having to hear a modifying opinion or any other opinion for that matter. Our own children can be radicalized online without us ever knowing about it. It is a scary brave new world where extreme opinions are rampant and unchecked and where our own president declares whatever he does not like to hear to be "fake news". That is what has changed.

Mops seriously? Now it's 3 times in a day. You nailed it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am truley sorry I started this, I apologize. Just thought there might be a father or grandfather or two that might have a bit of fear in there hearts as I do, sorry to upset you guys, know you have more important things to do. If the administrators of this site would like to delete this subject, please feel free to do so.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

23 minutes ago, dick black said:

I am truley sorry I started this, I apologize. Just thought there might be a father or grandfather or two that might have a bit of fear in there hearts as I do, sorry to upset you guys, know you have more important things to do. If the administrators of this site would like to delete this subject, please feel free to do so.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It is ok Dick.... I think we all have it on our minds.. this site is nice because unlike every other corner of the web we have managed to keep debate out of it. I think we all realize we stand on different ground on many issues but have managed to keep it to what makes us the same... fishing and the love of it

It's a very worthwhile discussion but thankfully we have been able to leave the things that set us apart out of here

11 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Done deal. The Mayer said that whatever I say goes!
I think every Sunday evening should be "Scott's friends clean Scott's boat" day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah ....  No.  Billy can but I think the rest of us are out on that one.

Looking back on things it may have been better if I had sent my info in a PM to Dick as I know many other folks on here have a very different take on things including friends who own these firearms and I certainly respect their opinions or views which differ from my own. Best to let this one go here considering the intense emotional feelings and complexities attached to the issues involved.

One of the most dangerous things that could happen in our country, whether it is about fishing or the constitution, or anything else, is the idea that we should squelch debate and all "just get along."   Jes' sayin'.

I found Sk8man's point of view to be great reading, some of the others also.  Maybe the site just needs a different place for this kind of thing, and then if someone doesn't want to be bothered by this kind of discussion, they can just stay out of that area.

20 hours ago, Sk8man said:

A cardinal sign is also that 10 percent of the people in our country control most of the wealth and the numbers are increasing. 

Just to drive this point home.. 10% own almost 80% of the wealth with the top 1% at 40%

Now matter how you slice it that does not lead to a healthy society 

This is crazy, when i went to school we could bring our shot guns on the bus, and put it behind the driver. The next day you were allowed to bring a box of shells. Gym class we hunted birds along with the gym teachers. They stocked pheasants in the corn field that is now a bus compound. Everyone including me had guns in gun racks in our 4×4. Even as mad as I've been, going through my first marriage/divorce in hock she had me for 90 grand at that time 89-90 the last thing on my mind was to kill her. We used the old saying carma's a bytch. My wife is a school teacher and fears teacher-parent conferences. My daughters are in school also, so ya Dick I'm with you. The problem is its easier to turn a blind eye to the situation than confront it. In school when I was there everyone carried a pocket knife. If someone pizzed off me or anyone else it was a fist a cuff either you became best friends or just ignored the guy. Here's the problem your a big man behind that computer!! Meet me face to face. All these kill games where you come back to life 100 times aint so in the real outdoors. That some never see.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just got to read this post it's a disaster what happened in Florida.  I am not going to say I'm an expert but years in the military and law enforcement and hundreds of hours teaching all levels of active shooter training I've learned a few things.  First off the vast majority of the population is clueless to what's going on around them.   Everyone wants to blame someone for not seeing the signs or reacting to social media post.  Most of these people are the same libs that would blow a gasket if law enforcement kicked in there door and dragged little Jimmy to jail or the psychologist for posting crap on Facebook.  Yet today they are livid that that didn't happen with this kid.  Yet when hundreds of black lives matter protesters March down the street chanting kill cops nothing can be done.  And at the same time since 2016 there was a 167% increase in law enforcement officers killed in ambush style killings on law enforcement by the same people.       It's definitely a combination of problems.  I could take you to people's homes right now that have tinfoil over there tv and windows so the gov can't hear them.  And they have piles of guns.  They get them taken away and then get them back from the judge.  I drop people off all the time for mental health issues, they are out of the hospital before my shift ends turned back out in society.  Until people are willing to see some folks have there rights involuntarily taken away you can't fix that end.    As for schools that really pisses me off.  I can walk in any school around you may have a old lady pushing a button on a non secure door but that's about it.   I can protect my kids at home I can protect them in public but at school I'm relying on " well nothing" .  You may have one SRO that's not enough.   Easy fix to school shootings money and education.  Secure doors with armed security, response teams walking in school , and mix it up with random vehicle searches.  Bullet proof glass and medal detector's.   Now everyone that wants guns band will say your making schools militaristic.  I'd call it safe.   As for firearms wack jobs of all sorts should not be allowed to own firearms that needs to be fixed.  As far as banning black scary guns I'm sure it will happen some day.  Will it help no because they will ban the scary weapons of war LOL and the old fat wench hitting the buzzer at the school office will still be there to open the door for the kid with the sawed-off 12 gauge, and the Mason jars of gasoline.  We live in a society were soft targets get hit I'm very suprized no mass terrorism attacks have accured at schools.  In today's world you can't leave our most valuable resource unprotected.  Sean

Edited by Hookedup
Not done
  • Like 3