Florida school shooting

Just got to read this post it's a disaster what happened in Florida.  I am not going to say I'm an expert but years in the military and law enforcement and hundreds of hours teaching all levels of active shooter training I've learned a few things.  First off the vast majority of the population is clueless to what's going on around them.   Everyone wants to blame someone for not seeing the signs or reacting to social media post.  Most of these people are the same libs that would blow a gasket if law enforcement kicked in there door and dragged little Jimmy to jail or the psychologist for posting crap on Facebook.  Yet today they are livid that that didn't happen with this kid.  Yet when hundreds of black lives matter protesters March down the street chanting kill cops nothing can be done.  And at the same time since 2016 there was a 167% increase in law enforcement officers killed in ambush style killings on law enforcement by the same people.       It's definitely a combination of problems.  I could take you to people's homes right now that have tinfoil over there tv and windows so the gov can't hear them.  And they have piles of guns.  They get them taken away and then get them back from the judge.  I drop people off all the time for mental health issues, they are out of the hospital before my shift ends turned back out in society.  Until people are willing to see some folks have there rights involuntarily taken away you can't fix that end.    As for schools that really pisses me off.  I can walk in any school around you may have a old lady pushing a button on a non secure door but that's about it.   I can protect my kids at home I can protect them in public but at school I'm relying on " well nothing" .  You may have one SRO that's not enough.   Easy fix to school shootings money and education.  Secure doors with armed security, response teams walking in school , and mix it up with random vehicle searches.  Bullet proof glass and medal detector's.   Now everyone that wants guns band will say your making schools militaristic.  I'd call it safe.   As for firearms wack jobs of all sorts should not be allowed to own firearms that needs to be fixed.  As far as banning black scary guns I'm sure it will happen some day.  Will it help no because they will ban the scary weapons of war LOL and the old fat wench hitting the buzzer at the school office will still be there to open the door for the kid with the sawed-off 12 gauge, and the Mason jars of gasoline.  We live in a society were soft targets get hit I'm very suprized no mass terrorism attacks have accured at schools.  In today's world you can't leave our most valuable resource unprotected.  Sean

What he said!!
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

And by act of terror you mean Muslim right?Because I'm sure the individuals at the school felt terrorized and the shooter had been in contact with white supremist organizations 

Yeah i have no problem with who you want to describe as a terrorists.  But if a group of Muslims terrorists want to attack  soft targets a school is a great place.   Maybe we shouldn't protect our schools untill a few more get hit.  But I love the little jab!  How many police stations do you see active shooters attack ?   Or state office buildings none since they first got hit then flooded with armed security and medal detector's.   The word terrorists offending someone is the core reason we have these problems.  You can't fix these problems and make everyone happy.  Sean

• Like 1

Or maybe the point is we have spent way way way too much time and money fighting "terrorists"  when the threat is right in front of us

We can gain support for travel bans and a giant wall but can't see why bump stocks and high capacity magazines area bad idea?

Edited by bandrus1

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

Or maybe the point is we have spent way way way too much time and money fighting "terrorists"  when the threat is right in front of us

Not going to argue with you on that our military budget is greater than several countries combined.   Fact is now we have terrorists of all types living here and the environment has changed.  We need to dump the money into school security.  And the majority of people in this country need to wake up.   

• Like 1

Sean brings up a whole bunch of excellent points  and he and his colleagues deserve our respect as well as our full support. Part of the problem is the whole political correctness crap, liberal judges failing to do their job effectively because of fears of criticism, and a whole range of things. The mental health system of which I was a part for over 30 years has been totally gutted, facilities closed without offering effective alternatives, no active consistent follow-up for folks on psychoactive medications, the inability of information sharing among interested parties including family members because of the HIPA regulations (covering the sharing of personal or medical information with others), a nightmare of trying to get affected people services or to get them admitted anywhere for treatment whether voluntarily or against their will unless they have committed a crime, mental health professionals retiring without replacement in broken or now non-existant systems and on and on. Law enforcement is now forced to deal with these individuals much more frequently and in more extreme conditions because of the lack of availability of services and there are many folks out in the public arena that should be in treatment facilities after appropriate diagnostic and informational work-ups. Lots of people have gone years now without accurate detection, diagnosis or treatment and our government is doing absolutely nothing about it. I share Sean's frustration.

Edited by Sk8man

Just now, whaler1 said:

If the coach/security guard in Fla had a handgun and was trained it would have ended differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Exactly my point! the days of gun free zones for security reasons is over.   Yet people freak out over a trained security or police officer armed in our schools.

• Like 1

I never used to carry even though I’ve had my permit since 91. For a few years now I carry everywhere.
Couple of these guys take a round between the eyes and these cowards will think twice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hookedup said:

Just got to read this post it's a disaster what happened in Florida.  I am not going to say I'm an expert but years in the military and law enforcement and hundreds of hours teaching all levels of active shooter training I've learned a few things.  First off the vast majority of the population is clueless to what's going on around them.   Everyone wants to blame someone for not seeing the signs or reacting to social media post.  Most of these people are the same libs that would blow a gasket if law enforcement kicked in there door and dragged little Jimmy to jail or the psychologist for posting crap on Facebook.  Yet today they are livid that that didn't happen with this kid.  Yet when hundreds of black lives matter protesters March down the street chanting kill cops nothing can be done.  And at the same time since 2016 there was a 167% increase in law enforcement officers killed in ambush style killings on law enforcement by the same people.       It's definitely a combination of problems.  I could take you to people's homes right now that have tinfoil over there tv and windows so the gov can't hear them.  And they have piles of guns.  They get them taken away and then get them back from the judge.  I drop people off all the time for mental health issues, they are out of the hospital before my shift ends turned back out in society.  Until people are willing to see some folks have there rights involuntarily taken away you can't fix that end.    As for schools that really pisses me off.  I can walk in any school around you may have a old lady pushing a button on a non secure door but that's about it.   I can protect my kids at home I can protect them in public but at school I'm relying on " well nothing" .  You may have one SRO that's not enough.   Easy fix to school shootings money and education.  Secure doors with armed security, response teams walking in school , and mix it up with random vehicle searches.  Bullet proof glass and medal detector's.   Now everyone that wants guns band will say your making schools militaristic.  I'd call it safe.   As for firearms wack jobs of all sorts should not be allowed to own firearms that needs to be fixed.  As far as banning black scary guns I'm sure it will happen some day.  Will it help no because they will ban the scary weapons of war LOL and the old fat wench hitting the buzzer at the school office will still be there to open the door for the kid with the sawed-off 12 gauge, and the Mason jars of gasoline.  We live in a society were soft targets get hit I'm very suprized no mass terrorism attacks have accured at schools.  In today's world you can't leave our most valuable resource unprotected.  Sean

Spot on!!! :yes:

1 hour ago, dbutts said:

This nut job was reported to authorities (FBI) and they failed to follow protocols.

Keep buying that narrative.. nothing he did or said that has been made public to this point would have have met the standard to issue a warrant let along seize property

Edited by bandrus1

6 hours ago, Hookedup said:

Yeah i have no problem with who you want to describe as a terrorists.  But if a group of Muslims terrorists want to attack  soft targets a school is a great place.   Maybe we shouldn't protect our schools untill a few more get hit.  But I love the little jab!  How many police stations do you see active shooters attack ?   Or state office buildings none since they first got hit then flooded with armed security and medal detector's.   The word terrorists offending someone is the core reason we have these problems.  You can't fix these problems and make everyone happy.  Sean

Read this over and over b/c it's a superb point......superb.......

Right in my back yard is a perfect example, that jack azz Flinn that shot those two cops, 1 died the other is getting better, but for weeks they chased this nit-wit till they found him in a vacant airplane hanger..those guys worked their  asses off to find him, but we can send a missel down the chimney of a house in the Middle East. These guys should have been given military support!! Instead of risking the lives of those men in uniform!!

(mostly because I haven't posted in here in awhile, here's my 2 cents) A LOT has changed since the 60's-70's, mostly because kid's lack things today...........fear, respect, responsibility, discipline, and shame. We tie the hands of the parents, teachers, and the police. We PUSH kids through school to "leave no child behind", (the following is being said in my head with my best OLD MAN voice) "Why when I was a kid" we had fear of being failed and left behind, you had to EARN your trophy to "pass" not just show up. We had separate "special needs classes", now they're sprinkled in with higher level education classrooms, (can you imagine that stress ?!?)We were taught respect, and ANY responsible adult (which included EVERYBODY, except the windowless van driver offering you candy and a free ride) could adjust your "respect attitude", act up in class, teacher was on your a**, next the Principle was on your a**, how many of us remember a "board of education" ?, then your "stay@home parent" was on your a**, ALL the time "she" was on your a** what was she saying ?......."WAIT TILL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME!!!" yep, FEAR, RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY for our actions, DISCIPLINE, and SHAME ( I had a Grandmother that could "shave" her index finger at you and say shame 3 times and  actually feel it) (snapping out of the "old man" now) 

How about this "food for thought" why not eliminate these "soft targets", MOST/ALL kids hold in their hands "the world" (I know the terrorists win :/ .......right ? ) Have each individual state hire 1 or 2 of the BEST educators in each field, pay them their worth, and teach these kids on line ?

Like I said, I haven't posted in here in a while, my damn computer asked me to re-enter my password for here .......grumble, grumble, grumble,............

(mostly because I haven't posted in here in awhile, here's my 2 cents) A LOT has changed since the 60's-70's, mostly because kid's lack things today...........fear, respect, responsibility, discipline, and shame. We tie the hands of the parents, teachers, and the police. We PUSH kids through school to "leave no child behind", (the following is being said in my head with my best OLD MAN voice) "Why when I was a kid" we had fear of being failed and left behind, you had to EARN your trophy to "pass" not just show up. We had separate "special needs classes", now they're sprinkled in with higher level education classrooms, (can you imagine that stress ?!?)We were taught respect, and ANY responsible adult (which included EVERYBODY, except the windowless van driver offering you candy and a free ride) could adjust your "respect attitude", act up in class, teacher was on your a**, next the Principle was on your a**, how many of us remember a "board of education" ?, then your "stay@home parent" was on your a**, ALL the time "she" was on your a** what was she saying ?......."WAIT TILL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME!!!" yep, FEAR, RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY for our actions, DISCIPLINE, and SHAME ( I had a Grandmother that could "shave" her index finger at you and say shame 3 times and  actually feel it) (snapping out of the "old man" now) 

How about this "food for thought" why not eliminate these "soft targets", MOST/ALL kids hold in their hands "the world" (I know the terrorists win :/ .......right ? ) Have each individual state hire 1 or 2 of the BEST educators in each field, pay them their worth, and teach these kids on line ?

Like I said, I haven't posted in here in a while, my damn computer asked me to re-enter my password for here .......grumble, grumble, grumble,............

Well said !!!!!

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

LOL yea I remember getting the little patch of hair pulled right at the neck line, in my time it was called(if you dont pay attention Im going to rip a putch) YOW does that hurt, been in Mr.Bloods office he had a paddle with holes drilled in it!! Then the biggest fear was at 5:00pm dad got home!! YIKES!!!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app