Cannon Magnum STX 10

Does anybody run these particular Cannon downriggers? If so what are your thoughts I'm in the process of buying new riggers and something good with Auto Stop. I had heard that Cannon has problems with warranty things this all could be hearsay. Any info would be great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I  run mag 10 STX's, no issues at all the past three years and really like them.  I run a 12lb shark on port side and 15 lb on starboard side to make up for probe blowback on sb side.

only issue I had was my own fault.  auto stop stopped the ball where it should have, then i hit the switch to move it up some more and accidentally broke the terminator off at the pulley, losing ball and release.  Luckily it wasnt the probe rigger.  I have since learned my lesson in manually overriding autostop.  Goes to show how strong the motors are, and to set clutch tension appropriately.

• Like 1

I run 3 cannons. 2 of the HS and one STX. Never had any issues with them. I run 13lb torpedoes and 14lb sharks with them pulling a probe. As any newer “high speed” rigger make sure that your wire size from your battery to the rigger is sufficient enough, as they draw more AMPs then the older ones

‘Bout Time

Mike

I've been running 2 of the Mag 10 STX's on my 1800 Lund Sport Angler since 2012.

They have worked without any issues, although I highly recommend installing a a 6 inch snubber between the weight and the cable. The STX's are really fast and without the snubber they bounce more than I liked. I bought the snubbers from Amish Outfitters.

Boat Safe,

Egoody

Had the STX-TS riggers, the vinyl plate on the top of the rigger, each one the adhesive failed allowing rain to get in the bodies, both were fixed with no questions and no charge by Cannon. (they had to replace all wiring and motors). I went from running two, I now run 4 cannons 

I love my cannons, but would highly recommend investing in covers for them if left on the boat. 

22 hours ago, stillfishing said:

Does anybody run these particular Cannon downriggers? If so what are your thoughts I'm in the process of buying new riggers and something good with Auto Stop. I had heard that Cannon has problems with warranty things this all could be hearsay. Any info would be great

I have 3 and I think they are great. Zero issues so far. FYI, Cannon does a great job with warranties. I have dealt with them with issues in the past.

4 minutes ago, stillfishing said:

Ty all

Marine General has great prices...

http://www.marinegeneral.com/productdetails.asp?productid=1476576&directoryid=11406&parentid=10981

Cannon also has a rebate going right now also

http://www.skyetools.net/images/marinegeneral/cannon-downrigger-rebate-valid-thru-june-30-2018-document676.pdf