Daiwa Sealine Reels

I am looking for some intell on rebuilding old sealine reels. Specifically the drag system. They don’t compare to the reels of current production but I have heard that rebuild parts are available. I have a half a dozen that I would like to bring back to life any info is appreciated. Anybody have luck good results doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

As far as the drags go I'd just send them to Tuna Tom's for replacement with he carbon fiber ones. They clean the reels up too and they are VERY reasonable

Daiwa stopped making parts for these reels about a year or so ago. I called Tunas last year before I sent a couple old 47h to them. They told me they no longer work on those as parts have become limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That's a shame that Daiwa is no longer supporting the 47H with spare parts. They are a true workhorse as far as I'm concerned. They have never failed me. I have 8 that I've collected over the years and fortunately, I sent  them to Tuna Toms 2 1/2 years ago for them to go through, so I'm all set for a while.

I'm slowly replacing them with the Sealine with line counters. So far these have worked quite well, but I rarely see them mentioned in any of the forums posted on LOU.

I've seen some parts available on eBay for the 47H's if that's any help anyone.

Boat Safe

Egoody

I just picked up my 27H from Tony. Very reasonable. Note that Tony is the factory repair repair person for Minn Kota bow mounted trolling motors that are popular now with the “spot lock” system for anchoring your boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United