Cannon rigger difference??

gamekilr

STX is a basic up and down model. Digi Troll has more features, key pad, speed settings, distance to bottom feature, jigging feature and a couple more. Just punch the two model numbers into the search icon on ebay and read the description of the ad. Same motor, simplicity [no key pad ] vs bells and whistles that you may or may not use. You would have to decide if you think you actually would use the extra features of the Digi for the extra money.

• Like 1

Digi-Trolls are great riggers if you have the money to spend on them. Bozeman Bob touched on a bunch  of good differences. Heres some links..

Digi-Troll 10

http://store.cannondownriggers.com/products/390763/Digi-Troll_10

Mag 10 TSX

http://store.cannondownriggers.com/products/390759/Magnum_10_STX

2 seasons ago i bought new Cannon Digi troll with the bottom Trac feature. I was just gonna buy the stx, but their was no speed control and they'd snap at the top of the water. Didn't like that one bit and bought the digi's. Many different speeds and I can track bottom without touching a thing. Guys that have fished with me LOVE that feature.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

17 minutes ago, gamekilr said:

Didn't know that about the top water. Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That is the primary reason I bought them.  Plus the fact that I can reduce the down speed.  I didn't like the idea of sending flasher rigs down @ 250fps.  With the Digitroll I can reduce to half or whatever I want.  This year I want to start playing with the bottom track and and jigging feature.

27 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

2 seasons ago i bought new Cannon Digi troll with the bottom Trac feature. I was just gonna buy the stx, but their was no speed control and they'd snap at the top of the water. Didn't like that one bit and bought the digi's. Many different speeds and I can track bottom without touching a thing. Guys that have fished with me LOVE that feature.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What did you tie in for the tracking feature?  Did you tie into a hummingbird fish finder or do you have their separate transducer?   I'm running a lowrance at the moment so I can't tie into that unfortunately.