Spring's first signs

Gill-T

1 hour ago, Smoke-N-Finn said:

I can guarantee there aren't any geese "migrating north" ,. Unless they plan on turning around. There is still 2 ft of Ice on lakes, and 1-2 feet of snow in the woods here!

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We got 14" of snow in Rochester on Friday, but the sky has been full of flight birds for a week now.  There is plenty of open water where they can stop and wait around here, and there is no way the number of birds headed north and north west were shortstopped locally.   

Yeh Windburn that's me.  Glad you still have the Steelhead'r and still catching fish.  I still miss it now and then when i want to fish and its too rough for our 16 footer.  good luck this year and maybe we can hook up fishing.

Back to signs of spring (perish the thought that anyone might "hijack a thread" :lol:) there are big lake suckers already up a lot of LO tributaries!!  We all know that signals the fat lady singing for winter, and for the spring steelhead run!! ;)

Edited by Lucky13

Came home from my first time out of the house this week sick as F’kn dog all week, finally feel better the bird feeder been empty since Wednesday only to see the whole front lawn full of robins, those are the first I saw this year. Now if this next storm goes out to sea and everyone’s power gets restored it might be getting to that time of the year, oh I pushed 8-10”s of snow off my boat covers first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

So another year approaches.  Today I took advantage of some recent snow melt and cleaned up some dog droppings out in the yard while taking in some Vitamin D.  I had my ears and eyes scanning for any signs of spring.  Then I heard it..... a couple of starlings in a neighbor's tree.  I always look forward to spring's first signs.  

Saw a woodchuck this morning at his hole. Wasn't out very long, it might have seen it's shadow. Also had a bald eagle flying overhead while ice fishing silver lake. I think it was looking for fish on the ice. 

• 3 weeks later...