Salmon newbie, any decent shore fishing?

Ive never gone salmon fishing before, but I am probably going to get myself a salmon rod&reel and try my hand at it. Is it possible to shore fish for them, also, where abouts can I get my best chance at hooking into one in and around Toronto? Thanks for your time

Absolutely! Just try any place where a river or stream enters into the lake… As time marches on move up the river/stream (in the coming weeks)… You should see a crowd any morning or near sun set… Just follow the crowd… Credit River is the best in the west if you ask me (don’t spend anytime on the east side) Has for a rod and reel combo I would read this site for some advise on what works best… Best wishes!

Hi All

I am new too salmon fishing also but i want to do it. this weekend i was at JC Saddington Park, many other people were there also but not much luck(as i saw). Is that the spot you are talking about in Port Credit?

Thanks...

Yes the Credit River flows into Lake Ontario at Port Credit. Remember the fish move up river (spawning) when they want to not on a set date or time. Much depends on temperature and water levels (so I have been told).

Now in the coming weeks you can move up to Dundas Ave. There is a park (Ernindale Park) on the north side of Dundas Ave. just west of Mississauga Road... Not a big pro fishing guy just trying to be helpful...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...