Wanted Im looking for rod and reels.

Im just getting started in this type of fishing. I have two downrigger rods and a couple bigger spinning rods to get started with. I would like to have 6 rods all together to have a good spread or the option to have a good spread. I am planning on going to the Brewerton fire hall event. Would there be rod and reels there as well? Also what is your opinion of what combos to have for a new guy. I already run 2 rods per rigger and just picked up some divers and also have big planer boards, but have not used them yet. Thank you in advance this group is awesome as far as the help and support you provide. I hope there will be a day when i can give back to you all.

• Like 1

yes it gets pricey to buy everything you need at once.if you can't find any used rods and reels at the show then pick up some daiwa accudepth plus combos with the 47 size reel. they are a great reel for the money and you can use them for riggers,divers or planers.

Edited by shawn393
  • Like 1

If you intend to go to the Watkins show at the end of March I'd check out Fishy Business as he is great to deal with and usually can get you whatever you need at reasonable prices. Always good to go with our LOU guys when possible:)

• Like 1