Crazy Yankee Sportfishing - 3rd Lake Ontario trip for 2018

How does that work for you with the release on its side. I used a split ring that way when tension is put on the line they stand upright but pull to the back till they hit the plastic arm? Kinda like the idea you have buy making them solid though!!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

And if using the releases with the pin (red offshore or-16) make sure to have the line behind the pin. Didn't do that the first time I used mine and was night fishing on Oneida lake. Got the eye (keeper) but lost a board and couldn't find it since it was dark. Doh! brand new board.

• Like 1

Hey pap with the Sam's pro release on the side it seems not to get tangled as much and when you give it a slight yank it releases all the time which is really nice. We have tried lots of different styles and this is what we have come up with that works the best for us we did put an extra pin in the release that comes off the tail so we never lose a board. It's just like releasing a Dipsy just a small tug and she releases.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I run big boards for everything now. I will probably keep running the big boards for browns but want to switch to inlines for salmon. I have a smaller boat so I only run 1 copper or core off each side on the big boards. Would the Sam's Pro release  work well with the TX44's and a 300 copper?

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone seems to fish the bay rat brand. Must be that company is local or are marketing to lake o guys? Never hear much about Rapala or Rebel?

7 hours ago, Adk1 said:

Everyone seems to fish the bay rat brand. Must be that company is local or are marketing to lake o guys? Never hear much about Rapala or Rebel?

They are a company out of Erie, PA. Everything about a Bay Rat is made in America. The best part about them is their durability. The other brands just don't last. They work, but they are made in China and break. As a consumer Bay Rat will also paint you a custom color with a very low minimum order (2).