Uses of braid on lake ontario spring-fall

Thinking of updating 2 of my braid reels which are my go to reels for trolling locally where i live. They use 30lb power pro, plan is to swap out current braid reels and make a 2 and 5 color core out of them and buy some nicer reels set up with 30lb power pro. Heres my question what place do these have on ontario. Pulling shallow dipseys in spring? How many of you flatline cranks of boards with braid? I already have 2 wire dipseys set up so trying to find a place for these on the big lake if i make the investment.

• Like 1

Well, this is how my brain works, the reels are your go to reels keep them at that, and use different #’s of leader to accept the species your after. I’m a walleye fisherman so stealth is main priority, so I use a long fluorocarbon leader, Second is your lead core is designed to operate on its own. They claim at 2.mph for every color of line it will sink 5 foot, so a 2 color will be in the 10ft depth area. So a diving device is not recommended with lead core. Lead core moves through the water column like a snake and this is why lead core lines are so productive. If you put a dipsy on it will just pull like a strait piece of wire and your defeats the main purpose of lead core. Buy yourself a duel purpose reel, that way if one idea doesn’t pan out you still have the reel capacity to do something else you might want to do or try.