Cedar Planer Boards

I made up 4 sets of these Boards in my wood shop this winter. They are built off same specs as a set of boards I have been running for years so I know they run well. Woods finished with spar urethane. Boards are 33”L x 7”H. Asking $125 a set. IMG_2747.JPGIMG_2748.JPGImage1519507550.014646.jpgA

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

I used to have a set just like it. Except for the finish. The cedar stops the rot and the unfinished wood soaks up the water and causes the boards to lay deeper in the water. This makes them pull a lot harder.

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rolmops said:

I used to have a set just like it. Except for the finish. The cedar stops the rot and the unfinished wood soaks up the water and causes the boards to lay deeper in the water. This makes them pull a lot harder.

:yes: :yes: :yes: mine start to work exceptionally well after a 1/2hr, and later after a hour or so you really have to be out in some snotty weather for these boards to flip over!!!

On 3/22/2018 at 10:42 AM, Meyer_seth said:

Spar urethane is supposed to be some of the best, protective finishes for wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes I do agree with ya, but the point is not to treat them if their made out of cedar, so they soak up water and run deeper in the water, this makes them pull hard and no need to add weight on the outside board so in 3+foot waves their not so prone to flip over. I’ve found it’s much easier to tap a cold one at camp than get beat up on LakeO!!! :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...