DIY Worm Harness Questions

Todd in NY

• 2 weeks later...

I tie lots of spinner rigs and my new favorite place for supplies is walleyesupply.com.  Really nice selection of components and blades.  Totally agree on the plastic quick change clevis and they make bigger and smaller ones depending on what size blades you use.  

11 minutes ago, Todd in NY said:

Thanks slipbob, I'll check out their selection.

Have fun.  Always fun to catch fish on something you made just like flies or jigs.  The big thing you'll find is how picky the fish can be on certain color blades and with the quick change clevis's you can switch the other rigs out to that blade color in a hurry.  

1 hour ago, slipbob said:

Have fun.  Always fun to catch fish on something you made just like flies or jigs.  The big thing you'll find is how picky the fish can be on certain color blades and with the quick change clevis's you can switch the other rigs out to that blade color in a hurry.  

I didn't even think about having the ability or option of switching out blade colors to find what the fish want. Thanks!

I have tied my own for the last few years it's easy and good to catch em on something you made . I found a few places to get supples there is netcraft , walleye supply.com and lure parts online also you can find videos on how to tie them have fun

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Fishaholic59 and C Hammond, thanks for the info. There's no way our boat launches will be thawed before walleye season closes this month, so I have plenty of time to research things and buy my supplies.

Edited by Todd in NY

Todd what color beads do you need, I have more than I’ll use in my lifetime. I use 6mm faceted. I’ll send you a pic of my selection and I’ll give you a bunch to get started. For hooks I use the size 4 octopus hooks, I have different versions of the slow death hooks, there’s 3 or 4 different versions I’ll pm you this tomorrow!! PAP

Thanks Mike, much appreciated! But no need to mail them to me. I plan on meeting you in Brewerton March 17th :). But pics of what you have will help me decide what I need, since I don't have ANYTHING yet, lol.