Sea nymph help

NymphO

I considered separate panels like above, but being that my foam is dry and i have a newer sending unit, I'm going to make it all one floor. I really want to be able to hose down the vinyl and have it all go to the rear bilge area.

I added a drain hole in each rear corner because when my boats sits out and it is not on the trailer just level water tends to lay in the corners 
IMG_0212.thumb.JPG.1a51c23d6daf049969d332a498a9baae.JPG

I saw that and intend on doing the same thing. I figured I'd even run some tubing from that directly to the bilge area as well.
  • Like 1

I'm totally with Bottom Dollar on ACX plywood. Marine plywood has no voids internally and is really needed when doing structural stuff. ACX has one great side to glue to, is made with exterior glue and is made for exterior and will be perfectly strong enough.

Decided to take one counsel out to make floor and vinyl install a bit easier.
Put a bunch of rivets in some of the bracing that was loose, not fall apart loose just had a bit of wiggle to it.
Cut out 2 pieces of the flooring and had to head home.
Hopefully cut the last piece tomorrow and start sealing
IMG_20180312_155603860.jpg

Tentative plan for batteries.... 4 total, 2 (trolling motor) in front of driver to offset kicker weight, and 1 in front of pass. I need some weight up front anyways. Also going to have the main battery in the back of the boat in the OEM tray.

Floors are cut and test fit. The front one was a bit tricky as I had no template for. All panels got a top coat of sealer and edges got a heavy 2 coats. Plan on doing a few more coats then it's vinyl/carpet time. I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel...
IMG_20180314_205744338_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Looking forward to pics as it comes along.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

And I'm looking forward to it "coming along" too ! Lol. Slow and steady. Just happy the weather isn't making me lose fishing time. I'll tell you this, when she's done she's getting wet immediatly. Rain snow ice whatever !

And I'm looking forward to it "coming along" too ! Lol. Slow and steady. Just happy the weather isn't making me lose fishing time. I'll tell you this, when she's done she's getting wet immediatly. Rain snow ice whatever !
Yea man mine's sitting in driveway with 2 foot of snow on top of shrink unable to get into it. Not to mention how cold it is outside and all my track stereo and other new stuff sits on bench in garage....need it to break a lil bit so I can start install. Really want to be in water 3rd week of April or so

• Like 1

a few pics of my redo on 195gls 1989. used nautelix vinyl. 
WP_20140716_010.thumb.jpg.ba8601d469e6c5e3313120f83109385f.jpg
WP_20140716_007.thumb.jpg.bcb0114cb5c57b3c558bea8826f3f717.jpg
WP_20140718_009.thumb.jpg.df5af53e8e9fc221cc2b28e9dc0fe1e3.jpg
WP_20140718_017.thumb.jpg.1b64156ec57724e26cde16da4d062942.jpg
WP_20140719_004.thumb.jpg.7bea34b52893fd712891a71e7da9c967.jpg
WP_20140717_003.thumb.jpg.7ca3eefc163550e7e42406a5aa583340.jpg
WP_20140717_002.thumb.jpg.1be2f57b55868d6ca46f8b2e38234370.jpg

Did you by chance save your template ? ? Lol. Looks great too. Those pics actually help alot. Wish I could find those livewell tanks somewhere. I've been watching everywhere for a smashed or burnt nymph to get them. I'm just gonna do my best to make "box's" under the seats for storage. I scrapped the Livewell idea.

Floor sealer? Just outta curiosity is the glue going to adhear or do you have to "skuff" it up a bit?

Yes. And yes. I bought the nautolex adhesive and the recommended sealer. I did the last coat thick so that I could lightly sand even though the manufacturer doesn't require. More or less it's added security as the only real potential issue spots are the sides/ cut areas. I will prob sell this boat someday, so Id like to do things right for me and the next owner. The guy I bought it from used regular plywood and put 5 coats of exterior paint. That lasted 10 years so I'll assume this will last 20.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Yes. And yes. I bought the nautolex adhesive and the recommended sealer. I did the last coat thick so that I could lightly sand even though the manufacturer doesn't require. More or less it's added security as the only real potential issue spots are the sides/ cut areas. I will prob sell this boat someday, so Id like to do things right for me and the next owner. The guy I bought it from used regular plywood and put 5 coats of exterior paint. That lasted 10 years so I'll assume this will last 20.

Heck yea Karma is a good thing. Sounds like you have done your research....

Heck yea Karma is a good thing. Sounds like you have done your research....

I've have Def logged some hours on the web. Lots of good info out there if you have time to sort through the typical bs. I'm thankful that there's so much knowledge on this site and others.

So. The tentative to do list

Install new bilge in center of boat and new one in the rear

Some electrical re wire while floor dries

Floor

Vinyl on floor

Build bow

Carpet/vinyl the rest of the boat

Make deco panels for around the perimeter of the boat (if there's enough nautolex left over)

Install electronics/radio/speakers/lighting

Install batteries/circuit breaker and isolator

Install tracks, triple base and riggers

Kicker go through- lower unit oil, impeller,plugs,oil etc., Install trollmaster, Then mount all.

Buff and wax boat

Launch boat somewhere close and blast/paint trailer and replace some lights

Then, fish. And fish. And fish. And fish. Take pics for the mounts of a 40# king and a 50" muskie

Start thinking I'm a pro, trade in the boat for a bigger boat ..... Etc. Etc.

• Like 2

I've have Def logged some hours on the web. Lots of good info out there if you have time to sort through the typical bs. I'm thankful that there's so much knowledge on this site and others.  
So. The tentative to do list

Install new bilge in center of boat and new one in the rear
Some electrical re wire while floor dries
Floor
Vinyl on floor
Build bow
Carpet/vinyl the rest of the boat
Make deco panels for around the perimeter of the boat (if there's enough nautolex left over)
Install electronics/radio/speakers/lighting
Install batteries/circuit breaker and isolator
Install tracks, triple base and riggers
Kicker go through- lower unit oil, impeller,plugs,oil etc., Install trollmaster, Then mount all.
Buff and wax boat
Launch boat somewhere close and blast/paint trailer and replace some lights
Then, fish. And fish. And fish. And fish. Take pics for the mounts of a 40# king and a 50" muskie
Start thinking I'm a pro, trade in the boat for a bigger boat ..... Etc. Etc.

Sounds fantastic