Sea nymph help

NymphO

how did you attach edges of carpet so the dont curl up?.Same with vinyl? How are you attaching the side mount rod holder rack? Mine are rivetted through the gunnels? any pics of these,and it looks great!

• Like 1

how did you attach edges of carpet so the dont curl up?.Same with vinyl? How are you attaching the side mount rod holder rack? Mine are rivetted through the gunnels? any pics of these,and it looks great!
Edges of the carpet , I used a mastic like (trowel on) adhesive which is water proof. It was very tacky and I'll assume will hold well. The lighter grey( lower piece ) has a lip on the back/ top side and I let the carpet curl around an in which will also help. The lower section where the carpet meets the vinyl has a small 1/2" that dives in towards the outside of the boat, I just made sure I had complete coverage of the carpet and it layed very easily. Time will tell but I think it will hold up great. The vinyl had a different adhesive. Nautolex (vinyl manufacturer) makes a " No. 88" which is a paint like, roll on adhesive. Was a pain to lay as you have to butter vinyl and floor and allow time for it to setup before installing. I had read a few reviews that folks used the standard Lowe's exterior carpet adhesive on the vinyl and it either didn't hold up or there was bleed through on the vinyl. As far as the rod holders I will definitely be posting pics,but they are a few notches down on the TO DO list. I'm going to reinforce with some wood backing on some spots but from the factory there is already some aluminum reinforcements. Nothing was riveted on my gunnels.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Shoot. Line guy, I was thinking topside rod holders. Those 2 brackets riveted to the boat are staying. I'm currently researching a Berkley product to see if it will fit. Something like this so I can mount it right in there. Need to verify width first.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Berkley-Horizontal-Rod-Racks/700061.uts?productVariantId=1191566&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=00007192&rid=20&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4_zVBRDVARIsAFNI9eCJE5FTWcQAv5mW6x_BKPs_CgKW0qz56vdNp0D7DYiUggd70UUfcpUaAhQ2EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

FYI, just a heads up,  I have the Berkley rod racks in my little boat & the foam part will compress after a while & does not hold the rods real well.
Shucks.... Too late. I actually just bought them today. I'm not overly concerned as they will prob never hold a rod. Anchor light, squeegee etc. Not even sure if they will fit.headed back tonight

I have a 19 gls also.The floor under the seats is a little weak but seat is solid still.If I repair Ill use a sheet of coosa board over the old metal floor.No way would i tear up the old floor.Last year I put in a gator floor for duck hunting.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:17 PM, NymphO said:

Thanks for the comments my friends, I appreciate it. Was back at it tonight for a bit. Had an extra set of hands so I took advantage.

Put carpet around back end. Did a two tone for some character. I wanted to do the darker on the bottom to contrast the floors but was out voted and I'm still satisfied. The lower section is not carpeted from the factory but I figured it would beat painting and give some "cushion" when I'm landing giants between the swells of lady O.

Put counsel back in and now I begin the bow building.

IMG_20180328_211624087.thumb.jpg.89bc09e212c4d237623d0f1366e0a359.jpgIMG_20180328_211618963.thumb.jpg.b94efe3eb31f20f0016dbd0577f713e4.jpgIMG_20180328_211513337.thumb.jpg.b9ef70d5498df63d97756d85389f6848.jpg

very nice work

Got the counsels screwed down and squared. Took 4 hands but got it in and lined up great.

Layed a few more chunks of carpet.... Then realized the worst case scenario..... Not gonna have enough to do the colors I wanted on the bow seats. Soooo I'll be contemplating doing a different scheme or hopefully I can score some more of the same stuff I had and cross my fingers it's close in color.

Thank you ! Trying my best to pay attention to details. I've prob said it 20x already but I can't wait to enjoy it and not think about carpet and glue and wires and worry about browns, cohos and kings !!

Looks like home stretch now....good part for you is weather still sucks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

All wood is cut for the bow seating. Made framework from 1/8 aluminum channel which seems very stout, I considered a cross member but after a pile of rivets I couldn't bend it side to side. Once it's screwed to the ply it ain't going nowhere. I was going to seal the wood tonight but it's late. Tomorrow is another day !

IMG_20180408_001054516.thumb.jpg.25524ba11bcc6eced53808e48de22275.jpgIMG_20180407_222635597_HDR.thumb.jpg.62df569e00745c743db745fb0e00f236.jpg