Sea nymph help

NymphO

Looks like the boat will be driveway bound by the weekend.

Gonna get kicker in the basement and start the tune up. Then hammer the wiring as the weather permits. Got to rewire some things and have 2 battery's w/ perko switch, 2 battery's for electric motor,fish hawk and fish finders, rear bilge, some more lighting, radio/speakers, VHF radio, riggers, trollmaster...and that's that

Then, tracks, triples and some plastics for musky/ backup. Then to figure out where to put the "bulk" rod holders for when navigating to the destination. I've seen them on the back bulkhead on the outside and think that might be the spot... Will have to put some sort of block to get them out further though... Least of my concerns right now though.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well... She's home. Covered up and dealing with the frost. She'll get over it but I won't... Time to extend the garage !!!

Hoping to have the wiring done next week if the weather cooperates !

Yea I hear ya...I had to shovel mine out the other day

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

11 minutes ago, NymphO said:

So, hopeful to accomplish a few things by Sunday.... Run wires for batteries, install new fuse block, install perko switch, install circuit breaker, tune up the kicker, mount the electric. If all goes well, start throwing riggers and rod holders on. We shall see, man I miss the garage space !!

Sounds like a lot of work. I hope it goes smoothly for you. Nothing on my Sabre has gone real smooth at all. It seems like a 1 hour repair takes 3-4 hours, or more, and then I find something I need to fix that wasn't already on my repair list.

Got the vaseline out and squeezed 70% of the boat in the garage at home. Ran a bunch of wires... 4ga (copper) from dist block in back where both motors will connect to, installed flush mount cannon plugs, ducer wire, trollmaster wire, speaker wires, bilge power, sending unit power.... I think that's it. All wire is straight copper.

Still a bunch to do.... Plugging away

Big thanks to lineman49 for his more than generous offer.

Unfortunately no pics, covered it up and back in the driveway. Back at it in the AM

• Like 1

Some progress since the snow dissapeared and the sun came out. Got 90% off the wiring done, just need to hookup batteries and see what happens...lol. Need a few odds and ends but should go quick

Lined up my riggers, tracks and triples, but I need to redo some wood on the back before I can mount everything. Bought a piece of oak that I need to rip/router and stain.

I'm gonna push this week to have it done and wet next weekend !

IMG_20180429_131712555_HDR.jpgIMG_20180429_131730022.jpgIMG_20180429_141656085.jpgIMG_20180429_144207950.jpg

• Like 1

Electric on. Kicked my butt. Lots of rusty nuts and bolts on bow rails. I liked em but they had to go. Had high hopes for another long night, but I was up early after turkey's and put in a day's work too... Drill battery died and I took it as a sign to pack up.

Tomorrow is another day

Also had a suprise visitor over to inspect....always good to meet other members. I had to be easy to spot. 20' boat in a 15' garage

IMG_20180503_192126972_HDR.thumb.jpg.a77a1320ae91f6b5a00e995c857941b9.jpgIMG_20180503_192111343_HDR.thumb.jpg.e2e926abc52902f062c888c72230c1aa.jpg

Wanted the 72 but found a deal on the 60" I couldn't pass up. After dropping it down yesterday I think it will be well over 1' in the water if not 2'+. If there's some serious chop and it starts coming out I'll just have to run kicker. I mainly got it for the auto pilot feature and the spot lock anchor mode, for when I take the kids jigging.