Cayuga Cayuga Taughannock Launch Closure

Fjaq

FYI

In case you use Taughannock launch:

The Taughannock boat ramp will be closed 3/5/18 to 3/9/18 and perhaps into the following week. 

So states a sign posted on the dock.  

a contact number  607-387-6739 is also posted.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Actually, they just updated the signs down there to February 28 - March 9.  I backed down the ramp around 2:45 this afternoon and was about to launch when I realized they blocked off the entrance to get under the bridge.  I was bummed, but glad things are getting fixed up.  Luckily, I got out yesterday for a couple hrs and picked one nice 29" laker.

Just in case anyone's itching to get out and can't at taughannock... I put up a post in the "Meyers launch condition" thread a few days ago.  We were able to launch there Sunday in a 20' Lund - turn right at the handicap lift and do a big wide circle where the slips are, there's deeper water in there.  Had to use electric trolling motor up really high but it worked... Be sure to use caution and look out for logs

Just in case anyone's itching to get out and can't at taughannock... I put up a post in the "Meyers launch condition" thread a few days ago.  We were able to launch there Sunday in a 20' Lund - turn right at the handicap lift and do a big wide circle where the slips are, there's deeper water in there.  Had to use electric trolling motor up really high but it worked... Be sure to use caution and look out for logs