Two fish finders on one boat

drag&snag1985

Yes they will! On my first bass boat I had 2 FF on the same frequency, I could only run one at a time unless I was in 15 feet of water or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I run two Humminbirds on my 16' row boat and I don't get any interference between my two transducers. I have the transducers mounted on opposite sides of the transom. If you mount them too close to each other you will get interference between them.

Edited by Todd in NY

Install the other transducer and with the menu buttons you can shut the sonar off on one. The other sonar will run clean and you now have the option to start up the other if needed. Also you can choose the better operating one for normal use.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I run a Garmin striker 4 , a Lowrance Hook 7 and a fish hawk. Minimal interference in the gps/fish finders  if the frequencies are close together. Transducers are 5inches apart

Edited by blueghost1

I'm not sure what depth finders you have or the transducer frequencies but if you have two units and one (e.g. Lowrance) has a dual frequency transducer that allows the option of using both at one time, or separately (e.g. 83 and 200) you may be able to select just the frequency farthest from the other unit (say 83) if the other fixed transducer frequency is say 200 and it may be doable despite the exact positioning of the transducers. If the transducer are in fact the same frequency my hunch is they will probably interact.

Edited by Sk8man

I have 2 fishfinders with the same frequency on my rig. One is aimed a bit forward  and the other straight down Unless I am in 300 feet of water they do not interfere. When over 300  I use the narrow beam on both and they will work just fine.

Are the 77/200 transducer frequencies selectable in the units? That is can you set one to 200 and the other to 77?