Nice Atlantic

BlueEye

he's got belly like me :) few years ago i pulled a 12lb7oz er outa the salmon river guy next to me offered 75.00 for the fish i offered it to him for free all he had to do was to catch it ..his bipolor kicked in when i released it ,wish i had the fight on camera(the fish) talk about air time,love to hook into one on the pond.nice fish hope he was just visiting for photo :?

Gambler and stix,

Click on the picture of that atlantic and blow up the size 2 times and see what it looks like then. Amazing TOP lip kype and few rear spots with great X spots up front (only really shows up in the LARGEST picture though)

Jerry

REBEL

Here is another atlantic caught aboard the Runnin Rebel in the last few years. This one was caught fishing for summer browns and kings off sandy creek,Hamlin ny. CLICK ON PICTURES of these atlantics and really notice the "X" spots and unique spot patterns(or lack of) on their gills and head.

Jerry

REBEL

Nice fish. The best Atlantic I ever boated was 28 1/2'' long. Had an unnamed local taxidermist tell me any Atlantic over 24'' would be considered a trophy. So needless to say I decided to have it mounted,dropped off by a friend. When they went and wrote up the work order for the mount, the lower half the the 8 was almost enclosed looking an awful lot like a 6, unbeknownce to me until I picked the Atlantic up. As luck would have it,they went and mounted it for a 26'' form. It is quite obvious that the fish was not stretched at the tail for there is almost overlap of the scales and outside covering. It is currently on my wall as is. But every time I look at it, wished now I would have released it. It deserved a better fate. Thanks for letting me vent a little. Again, beatiful fish.

Hey Gambler, Brian,

Did you try clicking on the pictures TWICE? They really blow up cool that way.

Chinook I TOTALY here you on that story of mount. BUT what do you think is a worse fate, the mount you got OR the mounts I NEVER did get because I thought I would get a 30" + atlantic later ;(

Thanks\

Jerry

REBEL

Jerry, I'm sure that it is just a matter of time before you boat the 30'' plus. These fish are truly to be appreciated. That is why I came so close to releasing it at the time. By the way, I'm still waiting for my first 20# brown. Best of luck in this upcoming season.

I have a picture of a 31" Atlantic I caught in the LOC in 1997. I will have to scan it and post it. I caught it between Webster Park and Hedges in 8 F.O.W. I will have to find the paper work from the LOC. I can't remember the weight off hand.