Robins

BSmaster

Funny about robins. Twice now over the past month we have had flocks of them in our yard on warm days digging worms. I was wondering if they may have gotten stranded earlier along the flyway somewhere and are just now still migrating or something. Usually they winter near my in-laws in Florida.

Edited by Sk8man

Hi Sk8man.... My neighbors and I have had robins winter here in Delaware County, NY . I read where other parts of new York are seeing more and more robins spend the winter too.

They eat berries and dried up fruit when they can't get worms.....if they have enough berries and worms to eat some will stay, if not they head south to where they can find enough food.

Edited by choo-choo

I trust Robins more then groundhogs!! Saw my first 
one yesterday,2/28 . Then saw 7 more later on. Its gonna be an early spring even though we're gonna get alittle more snow March.

Hey choo-choo - Given the spread out nature of these sightings it looks as though the robins have copied the geese by sticking around NYS and taking their chances on finding food and I'll bet they are kicking themselves in the azz today with this weather:lol: