My winter fishing fix on the lower Niagra with Captain Vince Pierleoni ended up my first spring brown trip.  Captain Vince asked if I was interested in trying what he felt was excellent february opportunity for browns out of Olcott and I was all in.  As it turned out he was spot on!  He had us on fish immediately and all morning.  In the end Matt and I had a spectacular day going 15/16 with a few real nice fish.  I can't say enough how easy and enjoyable Captain Vince made our trip.

551.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice to see ya on the big pond JT.!!! It’s really weird the west end is boating and the NE is locked up tighter than a frogs a$$ go figure!! Congrats my friend!! 

12 hours ago, stillfishing said:

What were the hot baits?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It was all about size of baits yesterday. Medium sized baits drew bites by DW,  Live Target, Rapala, and Bay rat. It was half and half between spoons on the Cannon riggers and plugs on the boards. Colors were flourescent greens/chart, orange, gold, and goby pattern.

I don't do all that much strictly pleasure fishing anymore as most of my trips are with customers and I love it!  That being said it's so nice to just relax, watch lines, and enjoy being afield knowing someone else has everything under control and I don't have to concern myself with the details.  

Edited by justtracytrolling
Posted before done

8 hours ago, justtracytrolling said:

Nice fish!  First Saturday in May can't come soon enough.

LOL, I’m with ya there JT