Fish Hawk X4D and Smart Troll...do they play nice together?

pjprod

I currently own a X4D I was looking to maybe purchase the smart troll basic kit mainly for copper and dipsey depths. Do they work together or interference issues. Does the smartroll pickup dipsey if set back like 350 ft? I do own a Fishhawk TD but i always seem to get erroneous readings. Any info would be greatly appreciated.   

I ran several Smart Troll probes and a Fish Hawk X4 last year at the same time and didn't see and interference between them.  The transducers are only 6" apart on the transom and I had no problems.

You can't even compare a Smart Troll to an Fish hawk TD since the Smart Troll is giving you continuous real time data and the probes are so much smaller that they don't have much effect on your running depth.  I still use my TD to give me an overview of the temperature layers in the water column for a starting point and it works great for that.  I put the Smart Troll probes on my divers and junk lines to keep track of where they are, depth and temperature, all the time. 

Smart Troll advertises 300' range but I have had them on 400' divers and 500' coppers and received consistent readings most of the time.  When wave conditions get real choppy I start losing the Smart Troll signal intermittently but generally get enough readings to have a good idea where everything is running.