New Trail Cam pics

OK, this camera has been in the same spot for well over a month. This is the only photo I have of him, but I'd say he is a shooter! He looks to be a main frame 8. The next pic is of his rear end so he was on a mission to the field for some grub. Weird hes just headin out there at first light????? Why not at dusk???? Its not like hes chasin does.

aV183Zmi.jpg

Definitely a shooter...

My experience is that with the mature bucks, very seldom do I ever get them multiple times on the same cameras... I guess I have always figured tha they use slighty different travel patterns to get from point A to point B...

I have had success in the past with putting 2 cameras on the same trail a 100 yards or so away and getting the same buck on the two seperate cameras, but seldom on the same day/time... that is what leads me to believe they wander more than taking the same route...

It all boils down to being in the right place, at the right time... But it is awesome knowing the quality of what is out there and what may show up at anytime..

I haven't mounted one since my first buck I shot. He wasn't really a mounter, but i wanted a deer on the wall. I kinda sorta wished I did last years archery buck, but I think i can do much better. My buddy does European mounts, so that's what all of mine have been made into.....and they are nice......but I want a nice shoulder mount.

By the way.....if anyone wants a European mount and don't have the means to do it let me know. My buddy does them for a fairly reasonable price. Here are some examples.

100_0566.jpg

100_0565.jpg

100_0567.jpg

100_0568.jpg